News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HoI3 Betas

Started by szmik, March 12, 2009, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

It has gotten pretty bad over there lately; so many people in complete panic mode and pissed off about features they think might be broken before they have even touched the game. :lol:

BVN

I preordered, so I'm stupid - René Descartes

Fate

Quote from: Drakken on August 02, 2009, 04:28:16 PM
Quote from: Fate on August 02, 2009, 12:51:54 AM
I'll buy it, and probably place it on the same unplayed game shelf along with EUIII and Rome after a few weeks.

MAP SUCKS

You must be on drugs if you think that map sucks.
It's ugly. Five year old user made maps for EU2 are more aesthetically pleasing and geographically accurate than the shit that Paradox puts together with their 3D engine. I'm not sure why they can't get province borders to look like they do on actual maps. What's so difficult about it if they could do it in 2004?

Case in point, Paradox's imaginary country in NW South America.

The actual borders of Colombia:

Explain away, fanboys.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: FateOH MY GOD THIS PARTICULAR COMBINATION OF TECHS ISN'T MIGHT NOT BEIS BUT I CAN'T GRASP THE CONCEPT LABELED AS A T-34 IN THE GAME SECTION OF THE MAP IN THIS BETA VERSION FROM A COUPLE MONTHS AGO THAT I COPIED OUT OF A POST ON THE FORUMS ISN'T PRECISELY ACCURATE IT'S AWFUL I CAN'T BUY THIS SHIT JOHAN IS SATAN WE'RE ALL BEING SCREWED BY PARADOX I'M GOING TO MAKE 30 POSTS IN A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT THREADS ANYONE WHO LIKES THIS SHIT IS A FANBOY OH GOD

Hm.  I'm somewhat surprised you forgot to copy over the part about Peru from that post.  Great injustice and all that.

Fate

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 03, 2009, 06:01:34 AM
Quote from: FateOH MY GOD THIS PARTICULAR COMBINATION OF TECHS ISN'T MIGHT NOT BEIS BUT I CAN'T GRASP THE CONCEPT LABELED AS A T-34 IN THE GAME SECTION OF THE MAP IN THIS BETA VERSION FROM A COUPLE MONTHS AGO THAT I COPIED OUT OF A POST ON THE FORUMS ISN'T PRECISELY ACCURATE IT'S AWFUL I CAN'T BUY THIS SHIT JOHAN IS SATAN WE'RE ALL BEING SCREWED BY PARADOX I'M GOING TO MAKE 30 POSTS IN A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT THREADS ANYONE WHO LIKES THIS SHIT IS A FANBOY OH GOD

Hm.  I'm somewhat surprised you forgot to copy over the part about Peru from that post.  Great injustice and all that.
Hey, guy.

The map sucks.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Fate on August 03, 2009, 06:08:01 AM
Hey, guy.

The map sucks.

You should post more about it.  Include detailed analysis.  Thanks.

Fate

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 03, 2009, 06:09:44 AM
Quote from: Fate on August 03, 2009, 06:08:01 AM
Hey, guy.

The map sucks.

You should post more about it.
Paradox never releases enough screenshots before I buy the game. I can't properly express the magnitude of map suckage until August 7th.

Although, it sounds like Paradox also took a page out of Empire Total war and refused to allocate sufficient development time to a decent AI. The possibilities for bitching are endless.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Fate on August 03, 2009, 06:11:31 AM
I can't. Paradox never releases enough screenshots before I buy the game. I can't properly express the magnitude of map suckage.

So you're just preemptively screeching about something you haven't really seen?!  I'm absolutely stunned!  :o

Fate

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 03, 2009, 06:13:27 AM
Quote from: Fate on August 03, 2009, 06:11:31 AM
I can't. Paradox never releases enough screenshots before I buy the game. I can't properly express the magnitude of map suckage.

So you're just preemptively screeching about something you haven't really seen?!  I'm absolutely stunned!  :o

How many times have we heard, "oh it's beta" about major flaws Paradox games? I don't expect any improvements. Especially when it comes to difficult things like looking at a historical atlas and tracing its border into a computer program.

Implementing an AI that doesn't make Timmah look like a genius? Slated for HoI V: Hitler Strikes Back.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Fate on August 03, 2009, 06:18:43 AM
Implementing an AI that doesn't make Timmah look like a genius? Slated for HoI V: Hitler Strikes Back.

You've tested the AI in Hearts of Iron 3 as well?!  :o

(you should get out and wait for the demo, then whine)

Josephus

Quote from: sbr on August 02, 2009, 11:01:28 PM
It has gotten pretty bad over there lately; so many people in complete panic mode and pissed off about features they think might be broken before they have even touched the game. :lol:

Fair assumption though based on past history.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

OH....For the record, Fate will be able to test out the graphix tomorrow.

Pdox is releasing a demo. 1939 scenario playable until Jan.1940.

Also manual is now online.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

ulmont

Quote from: Josephus on August 03, 2009, 08:09:18 AM

Oh, good.  I can see if the "if you can play EU3 you can play HOI3" people are right, or the "HOI3 requires a lot more graphics card" people are right.

Josephus

Quote from: ulmont on August 03, 2009, 08:19:48 AM

Oh, good.  I can see if the "if you can play EU3 you can play HOI3" people are right, or the "HOI3 requires a lot more graphics card" people are right.

Yeah I'm curious too. I have an 8600 graphics card, and can play EU3 easily; but Gamers Gate says 8800 minimum is required. So we'll see.
Civis Romanus Sum

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josephus on August 03, 2009, 08:45:49 AM
Quote from: ulmont on August 03, 2009, 08:19:48 AM

Yeah I'm curious too. I have an 8600 graphics card, and can play EU3 easily; but Gamers Gate says 8800 minimum is required. So we'll see.

Seriously? I got an Nvidia 8600 and I've played World in Conflict and Crysis with it and they looked great. There's no way that HOI3 can be more graphic intensive than them.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point