Main Menu

HoI3 Betas

Started by szmik, March 12, 2009, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

:lol:
Quote from: Syt on July 31, 2009, 11:59:38 PM
Quote from: Threviel on July 31, 2009, 01:54:04 PM
Although an AI exists for this section, it is for the entire production section and not just the sliders. This is a feature that perhaps Paradox will re-introduce as a patch or enhancement that was very much appreciated in the Hearts of Iron II series."

It will be part of the Albert Speer's Ambition expansion.

Tamas

Actually I think that quote is NOT an indication of patching needs: it merely says that there is no distinction between the production AI and the slider-moving AI so you can't turn on a separate slider-moving AI assistant.

Razgovory

I just want to see if Jefferson City is on the map again.  It made it in Vicky but not Hearts of Iron 2.  In HOI2 it was replaced with Springfield. like there aren't enough fucking Springfields in the US.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Iormlund

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 30, 2009, 03:38:05 PM
So anyone getting this?
I totally would if I weren't broke at the moment.
I was about to preorder on an impulse at Gamersgate last week. But I got really pissed at the fact that I could buy it from a retail store at the UK much cheaper. I'll probably get the complete edition (with the sure-to-come expansions) eventually during a sale or something like that.

Neil

I'll probably buy a copy from a dubious Chinaman out of the back of a van, as I'm still angry at Paradox for disrespecting me.  Especially Johan.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Fate

I'll buy it, and probably place it on the same unplayed game shelf along with EUIII and Rome after a few weeks.

MAP SUCKS

Jaron

Quote from: Neil on August 01, 2009, 11:40:31 AM
I'll probably buy a copy from a dubious Chinaman out of the back of a van, as I'm still angry at Paradox for disrespecting me.  Especially Johan.

Same here. I get all my Paradox products from Tamas. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on August 02, 2009, 12:56:06 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 01, 2009, 11:40:31 AM

Same here. I get all my Paradox products from Tamas. :P

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Razgovory

I just want to see more pictures of the map.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

frunk

Quote from: Tamas on July 30, 2009, 03:51:34 PM
With a relatively recent beta copy they deemed worthy enough to write beta AARs with, has no naval or strategic AI, it is pretty safe to assume that 1.00 will suck.

The beta version was from April or May, which I guess is relatively recent.  Sorta.

Drakken

Quote from: Fate on August 02, 2009, 12:51:54 AM
I'll buy it, and probably place it on the same unplayed game shelf along with EUIII and Rome after a few weeks.

MAP SUCKS

You must be on drugs if you think that map sucks.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh ugh...why is/was there a guy absolutely freaking out about the possibility that the historical names of particular types of tanks, etc, might not be in the game?  I mean really losing it.  He was even going to other threads and shitting them up with his squealing.

Of course, I don't visit the Paradox forums very much at all, so maybe this sort of thing is the norm over there....

ulmont

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 02, 2009, 06:06:18 PM
Of course, I don't visit the Paradox forums very much at all, so maybe this sort of thing is the norm over there....

I think that's par for the course for the HOI forums.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: ulmont on August 02, 2009, 06:09:38 PM
I think that's par for the course for the HOI forums.

That's pretty irritating.

OH MY GOD THIS PARTICULAR COMBINATION OF TECHS ISN'T MIGHT NOT BEIS BUT I CAN'T GRASP THE CONCEPT LABELED AS A T-34 IN THE GAME IT'S AWFUL I CAN'T BUY THIS SHIT JOHAN IS SATAN WE'RE ALL BEING SCREWED BY PARADOX I'M GOING TO MAKE 30 POSTS IN A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT THREADS OH GOD

Okay, the ones I've seen aren't in all caps and aren't that bad, but still..  :P

Razgovory

I recently posted in Paradox.  I expressed interest in their "Matchmaker service".