News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HoI3 Betas

Started by szmik, March 12, 2009, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: Warspite on June 02, 2009, 12:01:24 PM
Choosing the hottest, sunniest month of the year in the Northern Hemisphere would be the best time to release a sit-down, in-depth strategy game.  :lol:

Fine as far as I'm concerned. Not only I'll be on vacation, so tons of spare time, but also only a madman goes out before sunset during August. It's usually around 35-40 º C ... in the shade. So you've got all day to play, all night to go out. :)

jimmy olsen

So anyone getting this?

I got an email from gamersgate saying that

QuotePre-order: Hearts of Iron III -
and get sprite packs for free!
   GamersGate offers an exclusive pre-order promotion for Paradox Interactive's Hearts of Iron III. Pre-orders for the upcoming WWII strategy title will also receive the DLC Sprite Pack. The Sprite Pack includes sixteen new sprites for use when playing with either the German or American armies. The new sprites consist of a combination of airplanes, tanks and ships.

Heats of Iron III will be released on August 7, 2009.

I totally would if I weren't broke at the moment.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Not sure the value of pre-ordering a download!

I know, sprites, yeah....woo hoo.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on July 30, 2009, 03:40:24 PM

Yeah, the days of pre-ordering are numbered.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 30, 2009, 03:38:05 PM
So anyone getting this?

Yes.  I won't be able to stop myself.  :weep:

Tamas

With a relatively recent beta copy they deemed worthy enough to write beta AARs with, has no naval or strategic AI, it is pretty safe to assume that 1.00 will suck.

Neil

Navies are the most important AIs of all.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

Quote from: Josephus on July 30, 2009, 03:40:24 PM

I know, sprites, yeah....woo hoo.

maybe they are the coveted Nazi flag sprites?
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

Quote from: Tamas on July 30, 2009, 03:51:34 PM
With a relatively recent beta copy they deemed worthy enough to write beta AARs with, has no naval or strategic AI, it is pretty safe to assume that 1.00 will suck.

yes. Pdox games are better if you buy a few patches post release. As we know by now, the real beta testers are the first wave of "must buy now" consumers.
humans were created in their own image

Threviel

It's been confirmed that wainting for a few patches is a must. And I preordered yesterday :cry:

From: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415057

"Production bars are similar to Hearts of Iron II with a new feature were by you can click on the light bar above each section so the slider auto adjust to the required amount of IC for that section. This feature is very helpful if you want to manually control your production but be warned you do need to check on this every few days and make sure the sliders are in the positions you want them to. Although an AI exists for this section, it is for the entire production section and not just the sliders. This is a feature that perhaps Paradox will re-introduce as a patch or enhancement that was very much appreciated in the Hearts of Iron II series."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Threviel on July 31, 2009, 01:54:04 PM
It's been confirmed that wainting for a few patches is a must.

Wow I never saw that one coming. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

QuoteHistorical/Events --- 8

Sweden has summer government.

:boring:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Threviel

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 31, 2009, 03:15:22 PM
It's been confirmed that wainting for a few patches is a must.

Wow I never saw that one coming.

I know!

Syt

Although an AI exists for this section, it is for the entire production section and not just the sliders. This is a feature that perhaps Paradox will re-introduce as a patch or enhancement that was very much appreciated in the Hearts of Iron II series."

It will be part of the Albert Speer's Ambition expansion.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.