News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HoI3 Betas

Started by szmik, March 12, 2009, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

One of the main problem with Paradox is that they are swedish, and as such, just kind of shit on the naval aspects of their games, except maybe EU3.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on August 07, 2009, 02:21:03 AM
One of the main problem with Paradox is that they are swedish, and as such, just kind of shit on the naval aspects of their games, except maybe EU3.

I dunno. After reading "Empires of the Sea" about the naval war between Turks and Christians in the Mediterranean in the 16th century (I believe that would make for a great operational game, btw, as would the siege of Malta 1565) naval campaigns in the area were very much depending on season and weather, something I don't quite find to be the case in EU3.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 07, 2009, 02:42:39 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 07, 2009, 02:21:03 AM

I dunno. After reading "Empires of the Sea" about the naval war between Turks and Christians in the Mediterranean in the 16th century (I believe that would make for a great operational game, btw, as would the siege of Malta 1565) naval campaigns in the area were very much depending on season and weather, something I don't quite find to be the case in EU3.

But at least you can blockade and stuff, and if you are an island country and/or have colonies, you need a navy due to pirates and such.

Unlike Victoria and the HoIs where the naval system was a joke compared to the simulational (?) requirements.

Anyways, the suckers who preordered should give some info because Singleton Mosby's review at P'dox are kinda bringing me back into hoi-ing mood again  :Embarrass:

Threviel

Downloading now, 150 kb/sec, server can't handle it aparently. I could probably find it pirated and download it before I get it legally.

The I'll probably play for half a day, uninstall it in disgust and wait for the patch add-on.

Threviel

<_< Motherfucker, this game is slower than a dead retard. Using both cores my ass... Looks like I have to wait about two-three years to play, until I buy a new stationary computer.

Maladict

:lmfao:

QuoteMy main impression on this whole DLC/preorder episode is that HoI3 is under priced.

Paradox has to acknowledge the fact that their products are big enough for them to charge full price ($50).

QuoteI agree 100%. I imagine most of the people who complain about paying for DLC would have pre-ordered the game for an extra $10 without blinking; not every one though some people just have to bitch to be happy.

QuoteFirst of all I would like to thank the Paradox for a super game. In fact I thought the game so good that I wondered if I should pay for it twice as a sign of appreciation.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Maladict on August 07, 2009, 06:54:29 AM

QuoteMy main impression on this whole DLC/preorder episode is that HoI3 is under priced.

Paradox has to acknowledge the fact that their products are big enough for them to charge full price ($50).

QuoteI agree 100%. I imagine most of the people who complain about paying for DLC would have pre-ordered the game for an extra $10 without blinking; not every one though some people just have to bitch to be happy.

QuoteFirst of all I would like to thank the Paradox for a super game. In fact I thought the game so good that I wondered if I should pay for it twice as a sign of appreciation.

:lol:

Caliga

That wacky Johan and his sock puppetry  :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

Foreign currency X gets to buy the game from Gamersgate in their own currency at 40 units.

Foreign currency Y gets to buy the game from Gamersgate in € at the exorbitant price of X57.

In addition, GG is pocketing the supposed VAT that buyers of downloaded software do not pay in the country which pay with Y.

I will leave it to you, my intelligent readers, to decide which you think is USD and which you think is NOK.  <_<

Because I am a big pussy, and because it seems the price when buying retail here is about the same as at GG, I may end up buying at GG anyway.

MadBurgerMaker

Man that download speed thread is depressing.  My torrent is humming along at 500 kB/s, and those guys in there are talking about single digit speeds.

Fate

Yup. 8 hours left on the GamersGate download.  :cry:

9.2 kB/s... I remember surfing the internet at this speed back in 1996.

Slargos

:lol:

250 seeders at Piratebay.

I think it may be faster to torrent it for a lot of people.

Perhaps they should look into torrent distribution on GG..

Fate

Fuck it, I paid my 40$. Time to go pick up my copy from PirateBay...  :lol:

sbr

Quote from: Maladict on August 07, 2009, 06:54:29 AM

Yay! You quoted one of my posts.   Not sure what is so funny about it. :huh:

my point was that all of the people who were pitching a fit about the option to purchase additional content would have pre-ordered the game for $50 just as fast as they did for $40--and they would have gotten "bonus" sprites.   <_<