Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 08, 2011, 11:28:27 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2011, 11:23:04 AM
Not even USPS?

When I order something from the US not having USPS is a deal breaker. When from Canada my choice is Purolator.

UPS charges me 50$ to do the border transactions, total BS.

Well, I might have lied in the previous post, since I didn't check the 6-8 business day one.  That one might have been USPS.  It was free shipping though, so I went with the overnight option after clicking through the two day and 3-5 business day versions, which were all UPS.  USPS would stick it in my locked mailbox, which is always nice.

Dude, you live in San Antonio...you're lucky if your stuff doesn't end up south of the border.

Ideologue

Quote from: Liep on July 08, 2011, 08:07:06 PM
Was in a car crash today. It had a lot of stereotypes, young reckless male driver, a not-so-good blonde female driver and an impatient taxi driver. I was in the taxi.

I'm okay!

Hooray!

What about all those other folks.  I assume the pavement was not littered with human debris, since you don't seem very affected by it. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

Nobody got badly hurt, though don't know about the youth as he drove off. The accident was mostly his fault.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 09, 2011, 12:46:01 AM
Dude, you live in San Antonio...you're lucky if your stuff doesn't end up south of the border.

very raciss

katmai

Fuck that MBM. I can't count how many times I've had problems sending shit to my dad in San Antonio.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Iormlund

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2011, 06:25:31 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on July 08, 2011, 06:22:43 PM
Yes. Estadounidenses.

Are there any other words or phrases in Spanish that use that 'enses' ending?

Many demonyms end like that. For example londinense (London), platense (Rio de la Plata), bonaerense (Buenos Aires) or costarricense (Costa Rica).

Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2011, 06:27:02 PM
Lame.  I think it would be fair to be Americanos, since we were first and all the other countries have proper names of their own anyway.

Most people will use americanos instead of the proper estadounidense.

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on July 09, 2011, 05:58:45 AM
sending shit

Therein might lie your problem.

Although I suppose there might be come historical significance to it to you beaners.

Parading around corpses and whatnot.

Who's to say there are not magical powers to feces?

IDK.

jimmy olsen

Apparently some dude is plagarizing fanfics, self puplishing them via kindle and selling them on Amazon.  Lol

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 09, 2011, 08:08:13 AM
Apparently some dude is plagarizing fanfics, self puplishing them via kindle and selling them on Amazon.  Lol

Can we expect Sav's Anne Frank with racoons any time soon?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on July 09, 2011, 08:23:57 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 09, 2011, 08:08:13 AM

Can we expect Sav's Anne Frank with racoons any time soon?
:D
Don't think there's much of a market for that. He's putting stuff up from large and popular series like WarHammer40k.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

According to Time, China currently produces 61% of the world's farm raised fish.  I've had quite a bit of Communist Tilapia myself.

Ed Anger

I'd like to reach through every languishite's screen and punch every one of you stupid fucks in the nuts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Great Santini

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: katmai on July 09, 2011, 05:58:45 AM
Fuck that MBM. I can't count how many times I've had problems sending shit to my dad in San Antonio.

Like what kind of problems?  Other than lazy UPS dudes who can't push a little button on the wall right above where they put the packages, I have no issues at all.  USPS either puts it in my box or if it's too big for that or whatever, rings the doorbell and leaves a note if no one answers.  FedEx seems to regularly ring the doorbell as well.  I've never used DHL.  One of those will also leave it with a neighbor sometimes as well.  Haven't had that happen in a while though, so don't know which one it is (could be all of them vOv).

Of course, I, and the people who send stuff to me, can properly package things and fill out an address correctly and legibly, so maybe that's where you and Tonitrus go wrong.  :D

Pat

Don't know if anyone is watching the womens soccer WC but it's Brazil - USA right now and the ref really screwed it up giving a red card to a US player and a penalty, and then when the keeper makes a save then let them take the penalty again for no obvious reason. :tinfoil: So I'm cheering for the US right now. Go USA!