And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on July 08, 2011, 05:35:57 PM
Quote from: katmai on July 08, 2011, 05:26:51 PM
Beeb when did you become this fucking stupid.

When U of T started giving out JDs. :ultra:

Just stop it, you are approaching Martinus levels of dumb.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Malthus

I do think that the whole notion of the exact same education being at one and the same time awarded a bachelorate and a doctorate degree is very funny.  :D

I could have, in an instant, transfomed my LL.B into a J.D.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Observed in a disclosure package.

Accused yells over the phone (which is on speakerphone, with the police listening).  Amongst other things, he yells

QuoteIf you touch my fuckin perogies I'll murder you.

I found this amusing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

So, did his perogies remain unmolested?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2011, 05:34:41 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2011, 05:32:50 PM
Quotethe acquisition of a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree requires from 84 to 90 semester hours of post baccalaureate study and the Doctor of Philosophy degree usually requires 60 semester hours of post baccalaureate study along with the writing of a dissertation

The part where they equate 30 hours of law school with a dissertation is, from my limited knowledge of dissertations, probably pretty disingenuous.  But if the ABA says it, it must be true. -_-

Well, in subjective time, those 30 hours doing trusts probably counts for at least four or five years doing original research, right? RIGHT?

Yes. :shifty:

Well, if it's the equivalent of a Ph.D., I know what I should be doing.  Getting a sweet-ass job teaching political science or history.  Fuck that guy who spent half a decade eating Ramen and reading Aramaic, I'm the real deal.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

ulmont

So, Beeb, do you consider an MBA to be an undergraduate degree as well?

See http://robinson.gsu.edu/flex/admissions.html - requires a four-year undergrad degree but nothing else...

Iormlund

Quote from: Agelastus on July 08, 2011, 12:52:03 PM
In French- or Spanish-speaking countries, the United States of America (États-Unis, Estados Unidos)

In correct Spanish, plural words have their initial rendered twice. So Estados Unidos is shortened to EEUU, not EU.

Ideologue

Quote from: Iormlund on July 08, 2011, 06:16:23 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on July 08, 2011, 12:52:03 PM
In French- or Spanish-speaking countries, the United States of America (États-Unis, Estados Unidos)

In correct Spanish, plural words have their initial rendered twice. So Estados Unidos is shortened to EEUU, not EU.

Say, do actual Spanish people call us "United Statesians" as well?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Iormlund

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Iormlund on July 08, 2011, 06:22:43 PM
Yes. Estadounidenses.

Are there any other words or phrases in Spanish that use that 'enses' ending?

Ideologue

Quote from: Iormlund on July 08, 2011, 06:22:43 PM
Yes. Estadounidenses.

Lame.  I think it would be fair to be Americanos, since we were first and all the other countries have proper names of their own anyway.

You know, it's kind of amazing how much Spanish I can still read.  The UUEE page is pretty transparent to me.  It may be because I already know what I'm reading, though.
Kinemalogue

Liep

Was in a car crash today. It had a lot of stereotypes, young reckless male driver, a not-so-good blonde female driver and an impatient taxi driver. I was in the taxi.

I'm okay!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: ulmont on July 08, 2011, 05:56:20 PM
So, Beeb, do you consider an MBA to be an undergraduate degree as well?

See http://robinson.gsu.edu/flex/admissions.html - requires a four-year undergrad degree but nothing else...

Well MBA have, as noted on Languish, been quite watered down and debased.  But typically they required you to have significant business experience.  So that experience acts as your undergrad.  So traditionally yes it is a Masters level program.  But I will have no problem conceding that in fact, many are little better than an undergraduate-level BComm.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.