News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I assumed you were making a joke about some pieces of wood, plastic, or metal being burned up.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on May 23, 2014, 03:41:27 PM
I assumed you were making a joke about some pieces of wood, plastic, or metal being burned up.
No it's a tragedy. Hand-made, over a hundred years old and all designed to fit the interior by Rennie Mackintosh who also designed the entire building. It's very sad.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Hundred year old chairs?  Well I guess I appreciate the school's uncharacteristic thrift.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

I'm not surprised that Ide doesn't appreciate interior design. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2014, 04:00:43 PM
For a lefty he's painfully disdainful of craftsmanship :P <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

He'll appreciate it when his coffee table made entirely of DVD Boxed Editions melts.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2014, 04:00:43 PM

That's nonsense.  Production design is in large part interior design.  But attaching some psychic value to an easily-reproduced object due to its vintage is the height of human irrationality.  I know we all want to feel a continuity with the past, and a connection with the human species to which we belong.  But surely we must concede that the continuity and connection forged by sitting in what looks like a $35 wooden chair that "matches the interior"--a feat almost impossible to achieve in a wood-paneled hall!--is tenuous.  At best.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2014, 04:08:09 PM
He'll appreciate it when his coffee table made entirely of DVD Boxed Editions melts.

DVDs are for olds with bad eyesight, poors, and possibly Gen Xers whose sense of interior design is such that it precluded them from getting a nice TV.  MAH ENTERTAINMENT CENTER (was hand-made a hundred years ago).
Kinemalogue

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2014, 10:38:17 PM
Quote from: Josephus on May 22, 2014, 09:52:20 PM
Guy I used to work with is a religious Jew, yarmulke and all, refuses to vote cause he has to vote in a church and has to walk past a statue of Yeshua.

What does he do when he enters a room with a crucifix on the wall?

Doesn't happen often in his world.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on May 23, 2014, 04:11:56 PM
DVDs are for olds with bad eyesight, poors, and possibly Gen Xers whose sense of interior design is such that it precluded them from getting a nice TV.  MAH ENTERTAINMENT CENTER (was hand-made a hundred years ago).

So when you speak of pissing away all your money in ordering all these movies for home delivery, which media are you choosing from?  Semaphore flags?

And dont be one of those techno-douchebags that says Blu-Ray discs aren't DVDs.  They're round, they're discs, and they're digital.  You already deserve enough punches in the nutsack as it is.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2014, 04:42:23 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 23, 2014, 04:11:56 PM

So when you speak of pissing away all your money in ordering all these movies for home delivery, which media are you choosing from?  Semaphore flags?

And dont be one of those techno-douchebags that says Blu-Ray discs aren't DVDs.  They're round, they're discs, and they're digital.  You already deserve enough punches in the nutsack as it is.

You know that's exactly what he meant. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Fucking techno-douchebags.

derspiess

Good on him, if so.  Seedy is turning into my parents :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

I meant laserdiscs, obviously.  Round, discs, digital, right?
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Go out in the street and catch dysentery.