And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 22, 2014, 10:14:39 PM
Statues of random jews are bad?

He is worshipped as God and therefore the statue is idolatry which is Jew no-no #1.  You remember that Golden Calf business?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Maximus on May 22, 2014, 08:43:54 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2014, 03:46:24 PM
1. That a polling station is in a man's home.
Ours is in a church. That always weirds me out.

Weird, but not unheard of.  In Maryland, all the polling places are in elementary schools.  Not high schools;  elementary schools.  So it's hilarious to wait in line and look at the fingerpaint portraits on the hallway walls.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on May 22, 2014, 09:52:20 PM
Guy I used to work with is a religious Jew, yarmulke and all, refuses to vote cause he has to vote in a church and has to walk past a statue of Yeshua.

What does he do when he enters a room with a crucifix on the wall?

Maximus

Quote from: Ideologue on May 22, 2014, 08:57:41 PM
Mine was in a church.  Where else is it gonna be (other than a school)?  A dedicated polling building?
Any public building would be fine.

Ideologue

"Any public building" usually is open on Tuesdays.  Also "any public building" isn't necessarily set up very well for voting.  I've only ever voted in a gymnasium--that is, a big, empty room where you can place the voting machines (I have no idea what they did in olden times).

You aren't likely to find a court or Social Security building or police station with that big empty room, even assuming its day-to-day business has been suspended.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Iormlund

Ideologue

Obamabucks have gotta get processed somehow.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Josephus on May 22, 2014, 09:52:20 PM
Guy I used to work with is a religious Jew, yarmulke and all, refuses to vote cause he has to vote in a church and has to walk past a statue of Yeshua.
That's just silly.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2014, 03:46:24 PM
3. That his name is Lord Hannah of Pilcot.  Hannah?

Possibly his family name? Like actor John Hannah?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Yay, now I am waiting in the arrival's lounge for my train to my final destination. At least it is possible to shower here. :)

Syt

Dude, where the hell are you going?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Flight was Bangalore - Frankfurt, now I am going back home and have a nice long weekend with a hike in the Black Forest. :)

Syt

Well, that sounds nice. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2014, 10:20:17 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 22, 2014, 10:14:39 PM
Statues of random jews are bad?

He is worshipped as God and therefore the statue is idolatry which is Jew no-no #1.  You remember that Golden Calf business?

Oh.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on May 22, 2014, 11:08:53 PM
"Any public building" usually is open on Tuesdays.  Also "any public building" isn't necessarily set up very well for voting.  I've only ever voted in a gymnasium--that is, a big, empty room where you can place the voting machines (I have no idea what they did in olden times).

You aren't likely to find a court or Social Security building or police station with that big empty room, even assuming its day-to-day business has been suspended.

Around here, we close schools for elections. You can close any public building for it.

Last election, I voted in the gym of....a church.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.