And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 23, 2014, 07:29:56 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 22, 2014, 11:08:53 PM
"Any public building" usually is open on Tuesdays.  Also "any public building" isn't necessarily set up very well for voting.  I've only ever voted in a gymnasium--that is, a big, empty room where you can place the voting machines (I have no idea what they did in olden times).

You aren't likely to find a court or Social Security building or police station with that big empty room, even assuming its day-to-day business has been suspended.

Around here, we close schools for elections. You can close any public building for it.

Last election, I voted in the gym of....a church.

Yesterday I voted in a very similar place, a new hall built into the back of a congregationalist church, I presume it's were the old dears now have their fitness/yoga/flower arranging classes.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Its all schools and church halls around my area. About the only time most people ever go in a church. :D
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Apparently Ryanair has a new policy allowing people to take a second cabin bag onboard.
The cabin luggage space will only hold about half the amount needed, so if you're not among the first 50% boarding you get to take no bags into the cabin at all.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I roughed it on a Gulfstream flying to Canada a few years back. The bed on it had silk sheets!

That was for your information Ide.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zanza

It's nice working in a unionized job. I just got an e-mail telling me that my salary will rise in May. I didn't even remember that they had negotiated that as the agreement was last year. It's nice when you can negotiate a higher salary yourself once a year and then get the freebies from the union on top. And I am not even a union member...

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on May 23, 2014, 08:47:16 AM
It's nice working in a unionized job. I just got an e-mail telling me that my salary will rise in May. I didn't even remember that they had negotiated that as the agreement was last year. It's nice when you can negotiate a higher salary yourself once a year and then get the freebies from the union on top. And I am not even a union member...

Somebody has to look out for the employees.  It sure as hell isnt going to be the employer.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2014, 08:55:40 AM
Somebody has to look out for the employees.  It sure as hell isnt going to be the employer.

I can look out for myself. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 23, 2014, 09:05:03 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2014, 08:55:40 AM

I can look out for myself. 

Right? Are we children?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Good God, barely past noon.  Why the hell did I not take the day off??