Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2011, 04:28:08 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 07, 2011, 04:08:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2011, 02:55:45 PM
I didn't know so many Shoggoths went into Home Econ.

Well, you'd hardly want them in English or Math now, would you?

And they would have an unfair advantage in Gym.

[Anyway, didn't the Old Ones use 'em as servants?]

The winged starfish aliens did.  I forget if they were Old Ones or Elder Things.

And it was a big mistake, as I recall.

For one, they did not take at all well to being made to wear the frilly French Maid outfits.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on November 07, 2011, 04:56:21 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 07, 2011, 04:24:48 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 07, 2011, 04:13:02 PM
Fact: It's a cookbook.

Fact: It's made out of people.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of:

Fact: while in the 19th century sailors marooned in an open lifeboat could claim "custom of the sea" and eat the weakest of their number after a couple of weeks - but being marooned in an elevator for an hour today isn't considered an excuse for businessmen to resort to cannibalism ...

Fact: Parker became suicidally depressed and jumped over the side.  Try proving otherwise, you bastards.

You can't jump over the side of a stuck elevator.   :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I found the survivalist forum but you have to be a member to see their stuff.  I think you might need to pay them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I was neither a member or paid them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 07, 2011, 04:27:51 PM
Myth:  Human flesh tastes like chicken.

Fact:  It's the chicken that tastes like human flesh.

I've read pork. :nerd:

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2011, 05:59:58 PM
I've read pork. :nerd:

I've read fish, but it wasn't very interesting.
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

humans taste like Burger King.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

Oh, God, there's this French teacher guy on Youtube?  Fifteen minutes in and I had learned three words.

And he kept starting the "oral movements" (lol) with "Avez-vous?"

AVEZ-I WHAT YOU SON OF A FUCKING BITCH?  It's like torture.

On the plus side I can now obtain bread, salt, and rice in France and associated territories.  Hooray.

Some of the other videos I looked at were a lot better, actually teaching basic shit like the conjugation of manger.  (Avez-vous une chatte?  Je tiens a manger.)

That said, is it just the basic words, or do all French words have about 30% more letters than are actually used?  Christ.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

French are big into the silent letters.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2011, 07:07:46 PM
French are big into the silent letters.

One thing I'll say about the Spanish, they're pretty good about being orthographically coherent.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on November 07, 2011, 12:46:08 PM
This is ... wierd.

Welcome to Kitty City:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX3iLfcMDCw&feature=topvideos_film
Reminds me of Kiddie City, my favorite toy store when I was a kid.  Out of business now. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on November 07, 2011, 07:12:53 PM
One thing I'll say about the Spanish, they're pretty good about being orthographically coherent.

On the other hand, most of their most common words are multi-syllabic, so they talk faster while not conveying any more information than English.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Spanish ain't so bad.  Russian is full of ridiculously overrendered crap though.
Kinemalogue