News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on November 08, 2011, 10:45:54 AM
Now we know why garbon moved from California to New York.
Lol, harsh! :D
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Just saw a Veteran's commercial featuring Pat Sajack. Apparently he was the DJ who followed after the guy Robin Williams played in "Good Morning Vietnam" :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I'm so darn indecisive. The day I planned to go to Tokyo, finally, is nearly here. I failed to buy tickets for the concert I was going to see but it seems the same band is playing later that night at a indie club.
My decision...go early and spend rather a lot of money to see the band early on along with one or two others I wouldn't mind seeing, get to hang out with a friend later and have somewhere to sleep overnight and so be in much better shape on Saturday for touristing.
Or go late, get a nap at home first maybe, all nighter 11-5 in Shibuya, then somehow survive until Saturday life starts up and I get to geek out in Akiba and do some touristy stuff. The club loses big due to being a club .. But it does promise to be an indie club- not only does this mean music that doesn't leave me wanting to tear out my ear drums but it also gives me  a +3 coolness modifer. And it is 1/5 of the price. Though being alone....ugh. No excuse in a club vs an out and out gig.
Hmm.... :hmm:

And in more interesting spam- there are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Missed out on Radiohead pre-sale tickets. Have to wait till Saturday now.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

I just matched two numbers on the Powerball!  :yeah:

I won: nothing. :yeah:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2011, 12:34:01 PM
I just matched two numbers on the Powerball!  :yeah:

I won: nothing. :yeah:
I won $100 on Powerball three years ago! :yeah:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Just got Roger Waters tix for next June :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Lettow77

Another speech for communications is impending. In just two hours I will be trying to persuade the class to let Ponies into their life. Frantically making notecards for said pony-speech.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

Some real gems here: "..My Little Pony has been blessed with a wonderful new reimagining that has the capacity to change all of your hearts. It is a touching show that chases away the horrific existential malaise that threatens to close in every time I wake up and realize I am in Martin, Tennessee "

"...Many of you have shared the difficult circumstances attendant to your particular family lives, and I realize that suffering exists in this defiled world. There is a world beyond the veil, known as Equestria, where no pony ever knows illness or seeks the love of her daddy in some passing boy's arms. "

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 09, 2011, 01:45:05 PM
Some real gems here: "..My Little Pony has been blessed with a wonderful new reimagining that has the capacity to change all of your hearts. It is a touching show that chases away the horrific existential malaise that threatens to close in every time I wake up and realize I am in Martin, Tennessee "

"...Many of you have shared the difficult circumstances attendant to your particular family lives, and I realize that suffering exists in this defiled world. There is a world beyond the veil, known as Equestria, where no pony ever knows illness or seeks the love of her daddy in some passing boy's arms. "

Please tell me you're doing this for the comedy value...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

I think it's a little like punk fashion.  People dressed up ugly so other people couldn't tell how really ugly they were.  Lettuce is afraid of being seen as a kook, so he talks ultra-kooky.

Lettow77

Sure does sound like y'all haven't tried My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic yet.