And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

Is it super lame to take a bike with a puncture to a bike repair shop?
People are telling me to do this...but it really seems like something so simple you're meant to do it  yourself.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ideologue on November 07, 2011, 08:58:57 PM
Spanish ain't so bad.  Russian is full of ridiculously overrendered crap though.

I am not sure what you mean.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on November 07, 2011, 09:09:41 PM
People are telling me to do this...but it really seems like something so simple you're meant to do it  yourself.

You ask the weirdest questions.

It's a business. Usually businesses like having pratons doing business in their business.  :hmm:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Yet it's not so simple for you to do it yourself or you wouldn't be having this dilemma. Sounds like something you can get done for cheap/free too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 07, 2011, 09:13:30 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 07, 2011, 08:58:57 PM
Spanish ain't so bad.  Russian is full of ridiculously overrendered crap though.

I am not sure what you mean.

Da zrdravstvuytye, moi droog!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 07, 2011, 05:29:38 PM
I was neither a member or paid them.

I must not have found the correct forum then.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 07, 2011, 09:48:14 PM

Yet it's not so simple for you to do it yourself or you wouldn't be having this dilemma. Sounds like something you can get done for cheap/free too.

I don't know if I could do it myself, I've never had to. The bitching is more that it would take time and effort and I would have to find a puncture repair kit too.

Think I will end up going to the bike repair shop. I'm rich enough for such trifling spending.

Quoteu ask the weirdest questions.

It's a business. Usually businesses like having pratons doing business in their business.  :hmm:
Yeah, obviously they want the business, but am I giving it to them unecessarily.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on November 08, 2011, 12:36:12 AM

I don't know if I could do it myself, I've never had to. The bitching is more that it would take time and effort and I would have to find a puncture repair kit too.

Think I will end up going to the bike repair shop. I'm rich enough for such trifling spending.

Where would you get a puncture repair kit, the bike shop?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on November 08, 2011, 12:36:12 AM

Quoteu ask the weirdest questions.

Yeah, obviously they want the business, but am I giving it to them unecessarily.

That depends on how much money you have & how you believe your time is worth.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 07, 2011, 07:46:45 PM

Reminds me of Kiddie City, my favorite toy store when I was a kid.  Out of business now. :(

I loved Children's Palace. I too, miss the huge toy stores.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

QuoteWe recently spent a week in Los Angeles and noticed  how much friendlier and welcoming Californians were than in our native New York.

We were missing some of that New York edge. It didn't take long for it to return. As our JetBlue flight was landing at J.F.K., we heard an announcement: "Those of you who have luggage to claim, you'll find it at Carousel 2. Those of you who just like looking at people trying to find their luggage, you'll also find them at Carousel 2."

A few minutes later a flight attendant announced that bags would be at Carousel 4.

New Yorkers know not to believe everything they hear: the bags were at Carousel 5.

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Now we know why garbon moved from California to New York.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.