Son of Hunger Games Assistant Director kills 7 in rampage

Started by Syt, May 24, 2014, 11:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I think being pleasant to other people in our increasingly atomized society is a skill we should all learn.

If this guy had killed just himself, I think that might have been the message that was sent.

But I think he was going to wind up being a serial killer regardless of his success.  This shit isn't nurture.

If anything, the social problem this highlights is why we aren't spending a lot of money to develop prenatal diagnoses for autism, depression, borderline, sociopathy, narcissism, and other negative traits.  That's a rhetorical question, I know why.  Nazis ruined it for everyone.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2014, 08:28:26 PM
that maybe, just maybe, women should take a single lesson away from this incident and be more sensitive and accommodating to clumsy, socially awkward and mildly dangerous potential suitors. 
Hell, the life you save may be your own.

Fuck that they have a constitutional right to reject their asses.  And forget being sensitive and all that there is no nice way to say no.

The main lesson I took from society in this shit was that if I really really loved a hot girl she would eventually come around and true love would conquer all.  Which is fucking stupid and wasted a lot of my time.  But I presume just because that was what my brain cherry picked that is not necessarily the only thing one might take away.  I have heard guys say that society indeed taught them that they were entitled to a hot girl but I certainly was not, I thought I had to earn it through....erm....goodness and light and rainbows and shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2014, 08:21:21 PM
QuoteAccording to his family, Rodger was seeking psychiatric treatment. But to dismiss this as a case of a lone "madman" would be a mistake.

It not only stigmatizes the mentally ill...

:lol: You can't make this stuff up.

That is basically saying 'this incident proves my ideology so lets not get distracted by other stuff'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2014, 08:47:56 PM
I have heard guys say that society indeed taught them that they were entitled to a hot girl but I certainly was not, I thought I had to earn it through....erm....goodness and light and rainbows and shit.

You are, however, entitled to make as much fucking money as possible to afford whichever one you want.  That's why "game" is such a great metaphor:  you have to have the cash to afford the marker that gets you a seat at the table.  GIFF THAT MAN HEES MONEY

garbon

So where was I off on the self-loathing/demented bit?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2014, 08:55:03 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2014, 08:47:56 PM
I have heard guys say that society indeed taught them that they were entitled to a hot girl but I certainly was not, I thought I had to earn it through....erm....goodness and light and rainbows and shit.

You are, however, entitled to make as much fucking money as possible to afford whichever one you want.  That's why "game" is such a great metaphor:  you have to have the cash to afford the marker that gets you a seat at the table.  GIFF THAT MAN HEES MONEY

I don't know man, it is a pretty easy game to win.  You just need to have basic social skills and an ounce of self confidence.  Women do not have that high of standards.  I keep telling women the same thing who think they have to be skinny and fabulous.  Just go out there and find people, being conventionally unattractive either in status or money or looks only means you get to be rejected a few times more.  Big whoop.  You only lose by not playing.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 26, 2014, 08:56:14 PM

Oh please; you're young, gay and living in New York City.  You have no other worlds to conquer.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2014, 09:12:25 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 26, 2014, 08:56:14 PM

Oh please; you're young, gay and living in New York City.  You have no other worlds to conquer.

Only the rest of the world! :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

I guess you didn't get the memo, either.

You know, what I've noticed throughout all the knee-jerk reactionary bullshit over this shooting, from the feminists to the PUA community, is the one angle that nobody's talking about:  that maybe, just maybe, women should take a single lesson away from this incident and be more sensitive and accommodating to clumsy, socially awkward and mildly dangerous potential suitors. 

That is the creepiest thing you have ever posted.

Ideologue

Well, I didn't want to put too fine a point on it...
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

And, let's be real, it's probably only the creepiest thing he's posted this month.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on May 26, 2014, 09:40:25 PM

You know, what I've noticed throughout all the knee-jerk reactionary bullshit over this shooting, from the feminists to the PUA community, is the one angle that nobody's talking about:  that maybe, just maybe, women should take a single lesson away from this incident and be more sensitive and accommodating to clumsy, socially awkward and mildly dangerous potential suitors. 

:lol:

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on May 26, 2014, 09:40:25 PM

how soon a bag of dead fetuses is forgotten:(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob