Son of Hunger Games Assistant Director kills 7 in rampage

Started by Syt, May 24, 2014, 11:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

These dudes seem to have somehow gotten it into their heads that they are entitled to sex from women. It's not a woman's job to give you sex. It's your job to be a person she wants to have sex with.

Maybe it's because they are entitled in every other way, so it makes sense to them. This kid surely had money and probably everything he ever really wanted or needed. He's just not used to dealing with others on a one for one equal basis maybe. Then of course building a rapport with people requires some skills that are harder to come by for assburgers--it's understandable that the hurdle is bigger. That still doesn't explain blaming the women.

That said, there really is a palpable change in the last couple decades in the way women behave and what they seem to expect. They seem harder to connect with now. Less open, more sarcastic, more cruel. That's maybe the flip side of the same entitlement coin.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: PRC on May 26, 2014, 11:36:34 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 26, 2014, 10:55:32 PM
Actually, I will say there was one time I felt entitled to sex.

It was when I was dating Naples, and since I was recovering from that biopsy, we couldn't fuck though we were both down to.  So I went down on her like three or four times every time she'd come over.  I healed up, and didn't have cancer or anything else, but by that point she'd stopped talking to me due to some issues with her husband.  So, despite putting it about six hours' worth of pretty solid cunnilingus (if I do say so myself), I didn't get so much as one single, solitary blowjob.

That's called unjust enrichment where I come from.  Which is law school.  CHECK YOUR RESTATEMENT (3d).

When I first read your post I read it as six hours of cunnilingus without reciprocation and I was going to say that you should've got the clue after fifteen minutes.  But even still... she just came over a bunch of times, you ate her out and then did again a few nights later?  That's a fucked up relationship right there.

When you first read my post, you obviously skipped over the twenty words describing how I had an injury.  Denying someone you like sexual pleasure because you can't come yourself is something only a bad person would do.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Legbiter

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2014, 08:21:21 PM
QuoteAccording to his family, Rodger was seeking psychiatric treatment. But to dismiss this as a case of a lone "madman" would be a mistake.

It not only stigmatizes the mentally ill...

:lol: You can't make this stuff up.

No you can't. His parents have said he was on several different kinds of crazy pills, seeing various therapists, etc, etc, but that's still not enough for this Einstein to classify him as mentally ill.  :huh: Not to mention you can almost see the smoke coming out of his ears if you watch one of his videos.

Also, 4 out of 6 of his victims were men, but, like, who cares, cause misogyny!

Listening to these feminist defectives is like arguing economics with a guy who believes a priori that the entire financial system is run in secret by the  :Joos    :wacko:

Discussing moon geology with Siegy would be more enligthening (and fun).
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 27, 2014, 02:33:17 AM
I completely agree. It's the exact same mindset the first article he posted criticized.

Actually, it isn't at all, but don't worry that you can't see the distinction.  Keep working on distinguishing white from black, though.  That's something you probably can do.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on May 27, 2014, 07:36:38 AM
Keep working on distinguishing white from black, though.  That's something you probably can do.

Very important skill that. Being able to distinguish the whites from the blacks.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 27, 2014, 02:33:17 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 26, 2014, 09:40:25 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2014, 08:28:26 PM
I guess you didn't get the memo, either.

You know, what I've noticed throughout all the knee-jerk reactionary bullshit over this shooting, from the feminists to the PUA community, is the one angle that nobody's talking about:  that maybe, just maybe, women should take a single lesson away from this incident and be more sensitive and accommodating to clumsy, socially awkward and mildly dangerous potential suitors. 
Hell, the life you save may be your own.

That is the creepiest thing you have ever posted.
I completely agree. It's the exact same mindset the first article he posted criticized.

Yeah, but see, the big difference is I was joking.  Aspie
With A Gun was not.

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on May 26, 2014, 08:23:53 PM
What I've seen from feminist writers and commenters is a conflation of four different categories of behavior:

1)not taking no for an answer;
2)awkward pick-up attempts (no one complains about successful ones);
3)the natural hurt feelings that come from rejection, either from awkward pick-up attempts, or from the collapse of an actual, preexisting relationship; and
4)distorted thinking resulting from social/sexual isolation (and often, as exemplified in this case, an underlying serious mental illness).

All of which can and should be discussed as separate issues rather than as one great big issue under the heading "men are taught to feel entitled to sex," which is almost on its face retarded.

According to the guy's "manifesto", he was particularly pissed at not winning the lottery. He felt it was his destiny to win the lottery. He pretty clearly was of the opinion he was a sort of god, and his anger was that no-one - not women, not men, not the laws of probablility - recognized this and showered him with the sex, adulation, and money that was his due. 

None of this has any real bearing on actual societal attitudes, as most people - except the truly insane - can differentiate between fantasy (in which they always win the lottery, every hott person of their chosen gender falls for them, and they are adored and famous without effort) and reality.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

The most fascinating aspect of all this is the amount of information he's left behind;  so many shooters don't, and always leave the question of "why" to investigators and experts to guess at.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2014, 08:09:35 AM
The most fascinating aspect of all this is the amount of information he's left behind;  so many shooters don't, and always leave the question of "why" to investigators and experts to guess at.

The big question is what causes this type of mental defect in the first place - one to which, as far as I know, there is no satisfactory answer as of yet; also, what can be done about it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2014, 08:09:35 AM

Agreed.  I'd also like to see what the police actually wrote after they interviewed the guy, rather than the lawyer's paraphrase of it.

I think that there are important clues both from what the guy left behind, and also from some of the web sites he frequented.  I think that drawing conclusions about what "most men are taught to expect" based on some fringe wackos is as stupid as declaring what "most women really want" based on reading some website devoted to that "shades of grey" book.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 27, 2014, 06:14:57 AM
These dudes seem to have somehow gotten it into their heads that they are entitled to sex from women. It's not a woman's job to give you sex. It's your job to be a person she wants to have sex with.

Maybe it's because they are entitled in every other way, so it makes sense to them. This kid surely had money and probably everything he ever really wanted or needed. He's just not used to dealing with others on a one for one equal basis maybe. Then of course building a rapport with people requires some skills that are harder to come by for assburgers--it's understandable that the hurdle is bigger. That still doesn't explain blaming the women.

That said, there really is a palpable change in the last couple decades in the way women behave and what they seem to expect. They seem harder to connect with now. Less open, more sarcastic, more cruel. That's maybe the flip side of the same entitlement coin.

Well said MIM.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."