Son of Hunger Games Assistant Director kills 7 in rampage

Started by Syt, May 24, 2014, 11:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Quote from: Legbiter on May 25, 2014, 05:16:38 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 25, 2014, 04:26:30 PMI read leftist sites from time to time (surprise) and the reaction is... kind of gross, honestly.  Highly ideological (guns!) and extremely misandrist (spreekillers are always men!) without recognizing it as such.  This particular case strikes me as only incidentally gun-related--indeed, he actually stabbed three victims to death--and misogyny is only an indirect consequence.  Though the conversation is bound to involve social ills (easy access to firearms, the dangers inherent to elevating normative masculinity as the only possible metric of success for men, and maybe even disproportionate distribution of sexual activity) I don't think any social ill is at the core.

He's eerily like a Houellebecq character. Slightly more narcissistic and sociopathic, for sure, but pretty much spot on.

By the time he posted this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBvaVWdJRQM he's pretty much a goner. Look at his creepy body language, Master Villain ramblings and general social ineptness, he'd give any chick goosebumps in a bad way.

That is exactly what I was thinking.  You've read Extension du domaine de la lutte?  He's like a real-life version of the guy that the narrator off-handedly manipulates into murdering a black guy and his white girlfriend.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2014, 05:45:39 PM
He died a 22 year old virgin. :mellow:

So?  Lots of people are 22 year old virgins.  Right?

Anyway just a horrible story.  There is always this fear for women when they reject some super creepy guy that he comes back with for revenge so this is hitting some nerves out there for them.

But ultimate damn how are we having so many of these mass murders lately?  Copy cats?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Weird thing is, with probably very slight behavioral modifications, he'd probably have been able to get dates.  Modification one: stop looking like you're thinking about wearing someone's face when you talk about their "blonde blonde BLONDE" hair.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on May 25, 2014, 06:11:48 PM
Weird thing is, with probably very slight behavioral modifications, he'd probably have been able to get dates.  Modification one: stop looking like you're thinking about wearing someone's face when you talk about their "blonde blonde BLONDE" hair.

Dude getting dates is not that hard.  That is why those douche seduction community guys think they are geniuses.  They actually get out talking to women and discover that most women want to have sex and relationships with men.  Anyway I think it is a bit late for this dude to get sane dating advice.  Also I highly doubt him actually getting laid would have done anything but put the poor women who had sex with him in danger.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2014, 06:16:08 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2014, 06:05:21 PM
So?  Lots of people are 22 year old virgins.  Right?

I would expect not.

Damn.  I was a virgin until 23.  I didn't realize that was that big of a deal.

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2014, 06:16:15 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 25, 2014, 06:11:48 PM

Dude getting dates is not that hard.  That is why those douche seduction community guys think they are geniuses.  They actually get out talking to women and discover that most women want to have sex and relationships with men.  Anyway I think it is a bit late for this dude to get sane dating advice.  Also I highly doubt him actually getting laid would have done anything but put the poor women who had sex with him in danger.

Oh, I just wanted to point out how fucked up he must have been, not trying to give dating advice, a field in which I am singularly unqualified.
Kinemalogue

Siege

We have gun laws that prohibit selling guns to mentally ill people, but these laws are not being enforced.
Start enforcing existing laws before you try to make new ones.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

sbr

Quote from: Siege on May 25, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
We have gun laws that prohibit selling guns to mentally ill people, but these laws are not being enforced.

So you agree that the private seller loophole should be closed?

Siege

Quote from: sbr on May 25, 2014, 07:08:24 PM

No.

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on May 25, 2014, 07:13:07 PM
Quote from: sbr on May 25, 2014, 07:08:24 PM

No.
So you don't want to enforce the existing laws against sales of guns to mentally ill people?

I thought not.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2014, 05:45:39 PM
He died a 22 year old virgin. :mellow:

Some Islamic suicide bomber will get him in his 72 virgins in Paradise package.

Win win. Shooter gets laid, and islamo will get a virgin to cornhole.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Was talking to Pops about the shooting at dinner, about how this guy had chick hang-ups.

"Maybe the reason he couldn't get laid was because he was so fucked up in the first place."
"Easy to solve that.  Just find a fucked up girl."

Pops is always the practical cat.