News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I do have a knee jerk bias against animated drama.

One question for you Hillary to establish credibility: were you talking up Mandalorian when it came out?  It seemed like there was a lot of buzz here so I had expectations.

Josquius

I could never get into clone wars. It jumps around too much.

Mandalorian though, I really liked the first 2.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2024, 03:46:18 PMI do have a knee jerk bias against animated drama.

One question for you Hillary to establish credibility: were you talking up Mandalorian when it came out?  It seemed like there was a lot of buzz here so I had expectations.

I watched it as it came out, and liked it yes.  First 2 seasons were good (I liked 1 more than 2), but started getting repetitive. 3 lost me entirely.

Another plus for clone wars is that if you liked the prequels (or at least didn't hate it entirely :D ) clone wars makes it better. Not saying that every episode is great, and it hits a mid series lull, but overall it's good. And like I said the last 4 episodes of season 7 were great. The first 4 episodes of season 7 are basically a promo for the bad batch series and the middle 4 are bad filler episodes, though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

That's not to say you'll love clone wars. More so that you'll have to trudge through at least one season if you hate it to watch ahsoka. If you haven't watched at least some clone wars and or rebels you'll have no idea what's going on and no reason to keep watching.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Admiral Yi

I'll leave clone on the "I'm desperate" shelf.

HVC

Fair enough.

I can't remember if you watched shogun. If not watch it. Watch it now and thank me later.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2024, 04:37:19 PMI'll leave clone on the "I'm desperate" shelf.
Have you watched Warrior yet? You might enjoy it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on July 21, 2024, 05:15:28 PMFair enough.

I can't remember if you watched shogun. If not watch it. Watch it now and thank me later.

Have.  Enjoyed.  Don't hate whatshisface's acting as much as everyone else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on July 21, 2024, 05:20:30 PMHave you watched Warrior yet? You might enjoy it.

Pitch me baby.

HVC

Hmm, as a good Korean I assume you've watched squid games :P I've enjoyed fallout and the last of us too. Loki season 2 was ok, but 1 was better. This would probably help if I at all remembered what you watched already :lol:

Admiral Yi

I'm a shitty Korean and I've watched Squid Games.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2024, 05:28:09 PM
Quote from: Sophie Scholl on July 21, 2024, 05:20:30 PMHave you watched Warrior yet? You might enjoy it.

Pitch me baby.
Kung Fu as originally pitched by Bruce Lee with modern violence plus a dash modern t&a. Really good fighting, good acting, gorgeous women, criminals, cops, and all as part of a lush period piece set in 1870's San Francisco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0QMqpHXYeM&ab_channel=RottenTomatoesTV
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on July 21, 2024, 05:35:07 PMKung Fu as originally pitched by Bruce Lee with modern violence plus a dash modern t&a. Really good fighting, good acting, gorgeous women, criminals, cops, and all as part of a lush period piece set in 1870's San Francisco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0QMqpHXYeM&ab_channel=RottenTomatoesTV

Oof.  Maybe not my cup of tea.  I'm getting bored as sand with fight scenes.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2024, 05:42:09 PMOof.  Maybe not my cup of tea.  I'm getting bored as sand with fight scenes.
Give it an episode or two. It might surprise you.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on July 21, 2024, 05:48:11 PMGive it an episode or two. It might surprise you.

How much T&A?  Which network?