News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Anyone watching The Boys? Kind of lost interest halfway through this season and just wondering if I was the only one.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on July 19, 2024, 07:30:39 AMAnyone watching The Boys? Kind of lost interest halfway through this season and just wondering if I was the only one.

It's meh but I am still watching. Not while eating, though.

Josquius

Yes, I'm slowly watching.
It doesn't really grab me the way it did with Soldier Boy.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Halo cancelled.

I really liked that series.  I didn't mind the deviation from the lore from the game.  The games never really had one cohesive lore with the books anyway.  And aliens spoke English, instead of their own language.

Fuck the purists.  It was a very good story.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

I totally forgot they'd made that.
It was Paramount right? They've got to be pulling the plug on their streaming service soon surely.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Guardians review of Those About to Die

QuoteThis attempt to be Game of Thrones in togas is all about the cheap thrills. It's packed with gore, gladiators and gratuitous brothel tours

Sold
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

@ Tamas and Josq

Ok good, it's not just me then. Kind of feel the same with the new game of thrones.

viper37

lawyer examines realism of my counsin Vinny

Pretty good, he does not like the suit :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on July 19, 2024, 12:01:15 PMGuardians review of Those About to Die

QuoteThis attempt to be Game of Thrones in togas is all about the cheap thrills. It's packed with gore, gladiators and gratuitous brothel tours

Sold

How is the Latin?  :P Barbarians level?  :D

Admiral Yi

Mandalorian is shit I've decided.  It's a FPS with zero suspense.

Jumped over to Obi Wan Kenobi. 

Tamas

Admiral Yi

Yeah well.  Two episodes in I can see foreshadowing of crapitude.

HVC

I liked it more then most, but it's not that good.

I'm assuming you haven't watched rebels or clone wars? If you have I'd recommend ahsoka. Rebels isn't as important, though it does provide background. If you haven't watched clone wars the series won't mean much for you.

Admiral Yi

Is clone wars animated? 

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2024, 03:30:20 PMIs clone wars animated? 

Yes. It's aimed at kids mostly, but isn't that childish. Really, watching just the first season so you care about the lead character (Ahsoka) is enough. If you can stomach the fact it's animation you can watch it all. I'd recommend the last 4 episodes of season 7 because they're really good and gives you some idea of how ahsoka came to be where she is as an adult.