And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: Syt on July 10, 2024, 03:25:11 AMGladiator 2 - Caracalla Boogaloo

Long time since we've had a ginger baddie.  :hmm:

Actually the real one kinda looks like Pedro Pascal after a couple of steroid cycles.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Barrister

Quote from: Gups on July 10, 2024, 06:28:38 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2024, 07:23:23 PMMy enthusiasm for Mandalorian is fading.  Pretty formulaic.  Fly to new planet, new cut scene exposition, blast new bad guys, fly away.  Chase scenes!

Yeah, I gave up early in season 2. Andor (sp?) was much better.

I mean - nobody is going to force you to watch anything you don't want to.  I (and I think a lot of other people) thought that Mandalorian Seasons 1-2 were pretty great (the ending to season 2 was pretty epic) - but that season 3 where they undid everything from season 2 it became formulaic.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I thought Gladiator took place in some alternative timeline where the Republic was restored after the death of Commodus in the Colosseum. But here I see the Year of the Five Emperors and the Severans happened anyway. Huh.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2024, 11:21:38 AMI thought Gladiator took place in some alternative timeline where the Republic was restored after the death of Commodus in the Colosseum. But here I see the Year of the Five Emperors and the Severans happened anyway. Huh.

A dying mans hallucination
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Quote from: Legbiter on July 10, 2024, 10:42:06 AMActually the real one kinda looks like Pedro Pascal after a couple of steroid cycles.

I've seen people say Danny McBride would have been a good visual fit.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on July 09, 2024, 09:11:28 PM
Quote from: Josephus on July 09, 2024, 09:10:31 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 09, 2024, 05:02:27 PMSo did napoleon's  :hmm:

And what do they both have in common?

Scott's editors make good trailers? :unsure:

Both filmed (or partly) in Malta
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cg3j8y6vnw4o

Hip hop artists Cypress Hill makes 28 year old Simpsons joke come true by booking an act with the London Symphony Orchestra.

No word yet on whether Peter Frampton will be able to make it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Bailed on Mandalorian, ep 1 of Andor look funky.

Appears to be a conscious policy of Disney to cast plenty of prepubescent kids but not so many 14 to 18 yr olds.  I assume to avoid the creepy factor.

Josquius

I've gotten free apple TV via barclays. Weird offer but ok (worth a look Brits).
Not sure if there's anything on there I've not already seen bar Silo :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on July 11, 2024, 05:41:47 AMI've gotten free apple TV via barclays. Weird offer but ok (worth a look Brits).
Not sure if there's anything on there I've not already seen bar Silo :hmm:

Silo is worth watching. Quality is a bit up and down but I enjoyed it.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on July 10, 2024, 11:23:46 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2024, 11:21:38 AMI thought Gladiator took place in some alternative timeline where the Republic was restored after the death of Commodus in the Colosseum. But here I see the Year of the Five Emperors and the Severans happened anyway. Huh.

A dying mans hallucination

Oh yes! That timeline, where Rome was founded as a republic: forget about Romulus and Remus.  :D

Tamas

Best part of Gladiator 1: at the end the lady reminiscing about the glory of Rome and the foreign slaves looking all inspired.

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 10, 2024, 04:34:09 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 10, 2024, 03:25:11 AMGladiator 2 - Caracalla Boogaloo

Won't be as fun as Cannon sequel of a well-known movie, back in the day.  :D
There was no sequel to Braveheart or Armageddon. So sad! :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

The Senator's dream was to restore the Republic.  That doesn't mean it happened.

The movie ends with Commodus dying in the arena after being slain by his dying mortal enemy.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on July 11, 2024, 09:31:55 AM
The Senator's dream was to restore the Republic.  That doesn't mean it happened.

The movie ends with Commodus dying in the arena after being slain by his dying mortal enemy.

Five seconds after the film ended, Pertinax rushed down from the stands and announced he was Emperor. Five seconds later he was killed by the Praetorian Guard.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."