Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Gladiator 2 trailer looks great.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

My enthusiasm for Mandalorian is fading.  Pretty formulaic.  Fly to new planet, new cut scene exposition, blast new bad guys, fly away.  Chase scenes!

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on July 09, 2024, 05:02:27 PMSo did napoleon's  :hmm:

And what do they both have in common?

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on July 09, 2024, 09:10:31 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 09, 2024, 05:02:27 PMSo did napoleon's  :hmm:

And what do they both have in common?

Scott's editors make good trailers? :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

To be fair gladiator 2 isn't trying to tell the entire life story of a guy with a seriously eventful life, I imagine it'll cover a far more sensible span of time, with the odd flashback.
It's also playing a lot more fast and lose with history. Putting itself forward as more historic fantasy than biopic.

There are hopes gladiator 2 could be a bit of cool roman themed fun. That's not what napoleon was going for.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

The title itself, Gladiator 2, tells you it is going to be crap.

Syt

Gladiator 2 - Caracalla Boogaloo
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on July 10, 2024, 03:23:59 AMThe title itself, Gladiator 2, tells you it is going to be crap.

The first was decent and from what I've heard this is going to be about the great grandkid of a character in that, rather than a weird artificial attempt to carry on that story.
It won't be one I go to see at the cinema but certainly I'll give it a watch when it comes on streaming.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on July 10, 2024, 03:25:58 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 10, 2024, 03:23:59 AMThe title itself, Gladiator 2, tells you it is going to be crap.

The first was decent and from what I've heard this is going to be about the great grandkid of a character in that, rather than a weird artificial attempt to carry on that story.
It won't be one I go to see at the cinema but certainly I'll give it a watch when it comes on streaming.

I liked the first one despite the silliness. But "Gladiator 2"... ugh.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on July 10, 2024, 03:25:11 AMGladiator 2 - Caracalla Boogaloo

Won't be as fun as Cannon sequel of a well-known movie, back in the day.  :D

FunkMonk

The first Gladiator was great fun and it's turned into a bit of a classic. Crowe carried that movie to be fair.

This movie probably won't have as strong a lead actor performance. But it's got Denzel.  :hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2024, 05:50:21 AMThe first Gladiator was great fun and it's turned into a bit of a classic. Crowe carried that movie to be fair.

This movie probably won't have as strong a lead actor performance. But it's got Denzel.  :hmm:

The cast is pretty strong tbf, they're essentially trying to replace Crowe by committee.

Gups

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2024, 07:23:23 PMMy enthusiasm for Mandalorian is fading.  Pretty formulaic.  Fly to new planet, new cut scene exposition, blast new bad guys, fly away.  Chase scenes!

Yeah, I gave up early in season 2. Andor (sp?) was much better.

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2024, 05:50:21 AMThe first Gladiator was great fun and it's turned into a bit of a classic. Crowe carried that movie to be fair.

Yeah, if its anything like the first movie it will be well worth watching at the movie theatre.