News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tea Partiers harassed by IRS?

Started by Sheilbh, May 11, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 12:45:31 PM

Okay, what situation is there where Obama is not not horrible?

His lame gun exc orders.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 01:30:51 PM
Actually, I am a little impressed that Derspeiss could get over the nausea he feels when he sees the President to give him a B.

You know you'd be a lot more credible (not to mention likable) if you weren't so dishonest.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 01:23:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 01:17:41 PM

The recent Korea thing.  I wasn't happy about delaying our missile test, but overall I'd give his administration a B or B+ on how they handled it.

A little closer to our topic here.

Okay, then give me some choices if you're putting in limitations. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 01:52:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 01:30:51 PM
Actually, I am a little impressed that Derspeiss could get over the nausea he feels when he sees the President to give him a B.

You know you'd be a lot more credible (not to mention likable) if you weren't so dishonest.

That's my line.  You said that simply hearing Obama makes you ill.  http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,9814.msg581680.html#msg581680
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 01:53:13 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 01:23:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 01:17:41 PM

The recent Korea thing.  I wasn't happy about delaying our missile test, but overall I'd give his administration a B or B+ on how they handled it.

A little closer to our topic here.

Okay, then give me some choices if you're putting in limitations.

What sort of findings could come from a Congressional hearing on the Beghazi thing would make you happy with the President?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 01:59:11 PM
That's my line.  You said that simply hearing Obama makes you ill.  http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,9814.msg581680.html#msg581680

I know that's your line.  It's also dishonest.

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 02:00:22 PM
What sort of findings could come from a Congressional hearing on the Beghazi thing would make you happy with the President?

That's an odd question, but I can't imagine any plausible findings that would make me happy with him.  Why are you asking?  I assume this is another Raztrap attempt.

Razgovory

Please tell me what is dishonest so I can rectify the mistake.

Now it's the purpose of all these hearings and investigations to learn what really happened?  Since we we apparently don't know the truth, (cause if we did we wouldn't continue to have investigations and hearings), there is plenty of room for things to be revealed that would put the President in your good graces.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 02:36:11 PM

Claiming that I'm nauseated at the sight of Obama.

QuoteNow it's the purpose of all these hearings and investigations to learn what really happened?  Since we we apparently don't know the truth, (cause if we did we wouldn't continue to have investigations and hearings), there is plenty of room for things to be revealed that would put the President in your good graces.

Not a whole lot of room for the President to come out looking like a hero, no.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 02:39:56 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 02:36:11 PM

Claiming that I'm nauseated at the sight of Obama.

QuoteNow it's the purpose of all these hearings and investigations to learn what really happened?  Since we we apparently don't know the truth, (cause if we did we wouldn't continue to have investigations and hearings), there is plenty of room for things to be revealed that would put the President in your good graces.

Not a whole lot of room for the President to come out looking like a hero, no.

Okay, nauseated by the sound of Obama.  is that better?  What about simply, "Obama Nauseates you?"

So you can't conceive of a situation where Obama is not at fault?

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 02:41:58 PM
Okay, nauseated by the sound of Obama.  is that better?  What about simply, "Obama Nauseates you?"

No.  His speaking style nauseates me.  To be fair, I shuddered whenever Bush-43 spoke.

QuoteSo you can't conceive of a situation where Obama is not at fault?

I suppose I could.  Point?

Razgovory

Everyone shuddered when Bush spoke.  He wasn't very good at it.  So Obama speaking is causing nausea in Derspeiss is fair game.

My point? Well conceive of some situations where Obama is not at fault in Benghazi or the IRS scandal!

derspiess

FWIW, Drudge is flashing (without a link for now) that Issa is going to recall Lois Lerner to testify, on the basis that she waived her 5th Amendment rights by making an opening statement.  As I said to Scippy on Facebook, that's pretty much how Jim Rockford got into trouble :D

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 02:53:14 PM
Everyone shuddered when Bush spoke.  He wasn't very good at it. 

Yeah, but as a Bush supporter, imagine how self-conscious it made me :D

QuoteSo Obama speaking is causing nausea in Derspeiss is fair game.

If you think it's worth using, I suppose.

QuoteMy point? Well conceive of some situations where Obama is not at fault in Benghazi or the IRS scandal!

Okay.  Now what?

Razgovory

Tell us about them.  Give us some realistic scenarios where you wouldn't find Obama at fault involving the IRS thing and Benghazi.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".