Alex Jones reaches new level of conspiracy nutterdom on Sunday Politics

Started by Brazen, June 10, 2013, 04:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

QuoteThe annual conference of the secretive Bilderberg Group is meeting near Watford, with some leading political and business leaders from the US and Europe.

American "shock jock" Alex Jones joined Times columnist David Aaronovitch to discuss it - and ended up disrupting the show in spectacular fashion.

Presenter Andrew Neil described him as "the worst person" that he had ever interviewed.

David Aaronovitch remains an oasis of calm and sense, Andrew Neil resorts to name-calling and twirly-head signs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832994

Richard Hakluyt

:lol:

I always think that is one of the less interesting conspiracy theories, it is rather like accusing Parliament of conspiring to run the UK  :P

Viking

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 10, 2013, 04:55:42 AM

I always think that is one of the less interesting conspiracy theories, it is rather like accusing Parliament of conspiring to run the UK  :P

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on June 10, 2013, 07:49:44 AM
I thought Austin was the sane bit?

Oh no.  We are weird like California with Libertarian nutters being a particular popular variety.

What Austin is not is the whole Christian right wing thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2013, 07:51:03 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 10, 2013, 07:49:44 AM
I thought Austin was the sane bit?

Oh no.  We are weird like California with Libertarian nutters being a particular popular variety.

What Austin is not is the whole Christian right wing thing.

You do realize you are talking to me  ;)

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on June 10, 2013, 05:30:26 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 10, 2013, 04:55:42 AM

<snip>Charles I<snip>[/img]

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien