Main Menu

Tea Partiers harassed by IRS?

Started by Sheilbh, May 11, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 11:54:38 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 11:39:40 AM
Derspeiss, you seem dismissive of Clinton's statements.  Is this a correct reading of your attitude?

Yep.  Bill Safire had her pegged back in 1996.

Then, why bring her before a congressional hearing?

Ah, so that was your "gotcha"?

To get her on record, of course.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I'll ask one more time.  How many men are required to are realistically required to repel such a force?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 12:05:22 PM
I'll ask one more time.  How many men are required to are realistically required to repel such a force?

Your question is irrelevant.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

The answer is definitely >2.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 12:04:13 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 11:54:38 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 11:39:40 AM
Derspeiss, you seem dismissive of Clinton's statements.  Is this a correct reading of your attitude?

Yep.  Bill Safire had her pegged back in 1996.

Then, why bring her before a congressional hearing?

Ah, so that was your "gotcha"?

To get her on record, of course.

And how does getting her on the record facilitate learning the truth about Benghazi if you are simply going to dismiss what she says out of hand?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on May 13, 2013, 11:37:42 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 11:16:30 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 11:11:54 AM
11B4V, if someone burns down your house while you aren't home does this prove you are incompetent?

Let me rephrase that to keep you on point.

Raz if someone kills you, after a lack of security has been identified, your request for more security is denied, does this prove incompetence?

No, this proves appropriate allocation of resources, proportional to the potential loss for the society. :P

:lol: Mart scores
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 13, 2013, 11:55:12 AM
Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2013, 11:28:55 AM
Again, I don't think that anyone is disagreeing that there were mistakes made regarding the safety in Benghazi. EVERYONE has agreed that mistakes were made

This is not accurate.

Right.  I don't think the ex ante case for "mistake" is that compelling.  (as opposed to hindsight).
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 11:04:09 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2013, 10:59:32 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 10:47:46 AM
So, a government mistake, whether under a GOP or Dem administration should not be looked into? You trust your government that much? Were not talk conspiracy shit, just oversight and accountability. 
If you're talking about incompetence, why would you have the absolute least competent organization in the United States federal government hold hearings about it? 
:lol: So congress should not investigate anything..... Watergate, Iraq, 911, IRS, Wall Street..etc. Try again.
Exactly.  Congress shouldn't be investigating any of those things.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 12:05:57 PM

Your question is irrelevant.

No.  It isn't.  You said
QuoteRaz if someone kills you, after a lack of security has been identified, your request for more security is denied, does this prove incompetence

So that naturally begs the question, "If there is a lack of security how much security would be required to get a positive outcome?"  I posed the question to you three times and three times you failed to answer.  Since you failed to answer I'll give an answer:  At least a platoon would be required to reliably hold off such an attack.  The State Department is not a military organization, it doesn't normally have access to military units and it must regularly operate in highly dangerous situations.  It's agents are fully aware of this, but that's their job.  If an major attack occurs there is not much they can do.  If the additional five security guards were there, would they have been able to repel the attack?  Possibly but not likely.  Most likely it would mean five more dead Americans.

So now tell me, how does this prove incompetence when no amount of security that the State Department had access to or could even reasonably have access to forces that could realistically hold off an attack?

derspiess

Obama is absolutely and genuinely outraged by the IRS thing.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57584203/obama-irs-targeting-outrageous-if-true/

Quote"This is pretty straightforward," Mr. Obama told reporters. "If in fact IRS personnel engaged in the kind of practices that have been reported on and were intentionally targeting conservative groups, then that's outrageous and there's no place for it."

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 12:36:02 PM

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57584203/obama-irs-targeting-outrageous-if-true/

Quote"This is pretty straightforward," Mr. Obama told reporters. "If in fact IRS personnel engaged in the kind of practices that have been reported on and were intentionally targeting conservative groups, then that's outrageous and there's no place for it."

I'm curious why you post this stuff. Of course he's going to say this, just like any other president in his position is going to. This is not an Obama thing, it's not even a Democrat thing. It's a politician thing. Why act all aggreived by it?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Hey Derspeiss, you wanna answer that last question I asked you?

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 12:47:29 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on May 13, 2013, 12:02:28 AM
Obama administration did not want a revealed terrorist attack on Benghazi to make him look weak / failure on foreign policy, so he and Rice blamed it on a Youtube video for as long as possible.

:yes: There was an election looming. Obama played politics even at the expense of his dead ambassador. Then probably had a loyal minion (Rice) fall on her sword in a further deflection. She either new going in or was just a loyal dope. What a great guy, eh? 

Yeah ok?  Obama did not want this attack to cost him the election so...worse than Hitler?  And he is a politician they are not nice guys.

I mean either way the attack happened, I do not see how some meaningless drivel the President says that I ignore anyway impacts me or this country or why I would be upset about it.

So beyond being ammo to attack Obama with, which I have no interest in doing, is there anything uncovered so far that actually impacts anything worth a damn?  I mean we are supposedly fighting a 'War on Terror' so it seems logical the terrorists are going to get us in their own backyard once in a blue moon. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 12:52:35 PM
Hey Derspeiss, you wanna answer that last question I asked you?

I refer you to my earlier answer: to have her statements on record.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2013, 12:46:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 12:36:02 PM

I'm curious why you post this stuff. Of course he's going to say this, just like any other president in his position is going to. This is not an Obama thing, it's not even a Democrat thing. It's a politician thing. Why act all aggreived by it?

Eh, because it's newsworthy.  There was speculation as to whether the President would condemn what happened, try to explain it away or dodge it altogether.

Of course he made the right choice in saying what he said.  But it's faux-outrage.  Yes, that is what politicians often do.  But many of Obama's supporters put him above that.