News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tea Partiers harassed by IRS?

Started by Sheilbh, May 11, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2013, 12:54:01 PM
So beyond being ammo to attack Obama with, which I have no interest in doing, is there anything uncovered so far that actually impacts anything worth a damn?  I mean we are supposedly fighting a 'War on Terror' so it seems logical the terrorists are going to get us in their own backyard once in a blue moon. 

The administration seemed to want us to think that the war on terror was over and that Obama won it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 01:07:23 PM
So beyond being ammo to attack Obama with, which I have no interest in doing, is there anything uncovered so far that actually impacts anything worth a damn?  I mean we are supposedly fighting a 'War on Terror' so it seems logical the terrorists are going to get us in their own backyard once in a blue moon. 

The administration seemed to want us to think that the war on terror was over and that Obama won it.

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 01:06:25 PM
Yes, that is what politicians often do.  But many of Obama's supporters put him above that. 

Which is sorta funny.  Obama is the very model of an American politician.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

I don't remember a "Mission Accomplished" banner, which is the traditional way of signaling such things.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 01:01:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 12:52:35 PM
Hey Derspeiss, you wanna answer that last question I asked you?

I refer you to my earlier answer: to have her statements on record.

That doesn't make sense in the context of my question.   I'm going to guess you are going to do the same thing as 11B4V and not answer that question, because you and I both know it undermines your position.  Getting her statements on record doesn't facilitate finding out the truth about Benghazi if you are simply going to dismiss them out of hand.  It did facilitate "political theater", I believe that's how you described it before. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: frunk on May 13, 2013, 01:10:26 PM

I don't remember a "Mission Accomplished" banner, which is the traditional way of signaling such things.

Spiking the football after bin Laden was whacked.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 01:12:27 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 01:01:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 12:52:35 PM
Hey Derspeiss, you wanna answer that last question I asked you?

I refer you to my earlier answer: to have her statements on record.

That doesn't make sense in the context of my question.   I'm going to guess you are going to do the same thing as 11B4V and not answer that question, because you and I both know it undermines your position.  Getting her statements on record doesn't facilitate finding out the truth about Benghazi if you are simply going to dismiss them out of hand.  It did facilitate "political theater", I believe that's how you described it before. 

:yawn:

You need to find something productive to do.

Razgovory

I'm sorry to bore you.  It must be tiring to have your position demolished daily.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 01:13:19 PM

So he shouldn't have told anyone about it, or perhaps have a day of mourning?

frunk

I don't remember him trumpeting it that much in the run up to the election, or ever using that as a proxy for winning the war on terror.

garbon

And the message was that terrorism was no longer an issue? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 01:18:10 PM
So he shouldn't have told anyone about it, or perhaps have a day of mourning?

He should have claimed the appropriate amount of credit.  He was certainly entitled to some.  But not as much as he gave himself.  He referred to himself so many times when he announced bin Laden's death I wanted to vomit.  But that's what narcissists do.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2013, 01:27:03 PM
And the message was that terrorism was no longer an issue? :huh:

Not necessarily.  But throughout his first term, there was an effort to avoid using the term "war on terror".

garbon

You're sounding lately, D, about as petty on Obama as I was in the whole '08 to '12 period. :D

merithyn

:huh:

I'm fairly sure that even the most ardent Obama fans don't think this. It seems a very strange reason to bring the issue into Senate hearings, too.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...