Tea Partiers harassed by IRS?

Started by Sheilbh, May 11, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 04:04:21 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 03:59:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 03:54:45 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 03:23:42 PM

So by your logic we should have just left them to fend for themselves?

Libya wasnt a cluster fuck at the time.-False

There were no known elements of AQ operating in Libya.-False

There was no recent prior attacks on US posts in Libya.-False

Heightened security equaled +2 guys.-True (Hurrra for Hillary)

The British ambassador to Libya didnt survive an assassination attempt in Benghazi on June 10.-False

The British Foreign Office didnt withdrew all consular staff from Benghazi in late June, because there was no threat.-False

There were Marines there to protect the US Diplomatic Mission in Libya on 9/11/12.-False.

You know, when you disprove statesmen made by other people, it's a good idea to make sure they said them first.  I'd love to see the quote where Obama or Clinton says "Libya wasnt a cluster fuck at the time".

Wasnt quoting them in anyway shape or form, stating fact of the general situation in Libya. Did I say Obama/Clinton stated it was or wasnt. No, nice try.

Then what's the point of proving false what nobody said?

Quotestating fact of the general situation in Libya
So, you disagree?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

No I don't disagree, 11B4V.  In fact I don't think anyone thought of Libya as that safe a place.  So you saying "Libya wasnt a cluster fuck at the time.-False" is rather disingenuous.

What would you have done with the Benghazi diplomatic mission.  How would you have prevented this tragedy.  We have lots of places in similar dangerous situations.  Perhaps they can take your advice.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 13, 2013, 03:52:35 PM
The relevant questions to ask are:
+ At which point does that practice kick in?
+ Is that standard an accurate description of Libya in September 2012?

Right now the US maintains consular offices and emabssies in the following countries: Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, Algeria, Sudan and South Sudan, Egypt, Iraq (4 major stations), Lebanon, Pakistan, Afghanistan.  [EDIT: and Yemen!]   I would consider none of those places particularly safer from a security standpoint than Libya c. 9/2012.  I would not be surprised in the least to hear of an attack at the same scale in any of those places.

Debateable.

Which of those countries do you think the US ambassador drives around to see people with a 2 man security detail?

One hell of a quote job. :Embarrass:

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 04:13:01 PM
No I don't disagree, 11B4V.  In fact I don't think anyone thought of Libya as that safe a place.  So you saying "Libya wasnt a cluster fuck at the time.-False" is rather disingenuous.

What would you have done with the Benghazi diplomatic mission.  How would you have prevented this tragedy.  We have lots of places in similar dangerous situations.  Perhaps they can take your advice.

Hell, according to you, they're expendable. It's theeir job...right. :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: sbr on May 13, 2013, 03:47:55 PM
The insane conspiracy theories here reminded me of another one. A guy I play on-line games with is super-insane-conspiracy-theory-guy.  He comes up with some really outrageous stuff.  Last week he told me that the reason behind the attack, and the reason the Administration didn't do anything to prevent it was that Ambassador Stevens had been implicated in some sort of gun-running scheme.

Anyone else hear anything that could even resemble that?

sbr,

Maybe this is what dude is talking about *shrugs*. I never heard of it before.

http://www.examiner.com/article/was-stevens-murdered-to-coverup-u-s-gun-running-from-libya-to-alqaeda-syria

11B4V

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 13, 2013, 04:06:09 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 13, 2013, 03:59:17 PM
There was enough forewarning of trouble in Libya that other countries had evacuated diplomatic staff.

If there was sufficient forewarning, then how come not a single one of armchair experts in Congress and the commentariat came out and advocated the evacuation of the US embassy in Libya at the time?

The British didn't withdraw embassy personnel because of "forewarning of trouble."  They took guys out because an assassination attempt was made on a British minister.  That happened in June, 3 months before the September attack and thus had nothing to do with any warning.

Only a small subsection of Congress receives daily security briefings, and theirs are not as in depth as the President's. Nor are they as in depth as the lower level briefings that would be seen at State or DoD, nor is it the job of Congress to make executive calls. Any other stupid questions?

Now that we've answered those, there were known security concerns in Libya. It's mentioned in every report about Benghazi and is contested by no one. It's not comparable to Kenya or Tanzania at all, and you have made us all dumber for having to entertain the suggestion that it was.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 04:15:42 PM

You've been dodging all day.  You going to be straight with me or what?  It's the very nature diplomatic posts to be isolated and vulnerable.  An armed mod could capture a consulate in Paksitan tomorrow.  If there's enough of them, and they're equipped well enough there really isn't anything the US can do to stop them.  At least none that I know of.  I asked if you knew a way to prevent such an event, but again you respond with trite remarks.  I didn't say they were expendable, but I am saying they go into dangerous situations and doing so is part of their job.  As a military guy, I thought you my be able to understand that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 04:25:38 PM

You've been dodging all day.  You going to be straight with me or what?

No I havent and you're first sentance is false.

As we say in Govmint service,  "Above my pay grade".

Where you been? In a basement or something.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 13, 2013, 04:14:30 PM
Which of those countries do you think the US ambassador drives around to see people with a 2 man security detail?

You're going to question the judgement of the ambassador on the ground, when he's the one calling the shots?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 13, 2013, 04:30:51 PM
You're going to question the judgement of the ambassador on the ground, when he's the one calling the shots?

You're talking about the guy who begged for more security personnel?   :lol:

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 13, 2013, 04:14:30 PM

It's languish. Of course we are. Silly wabbit.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 13, 2013, 04:32:32 PM

You're talking about the guy who begged for more security personnel?   :lol:

No shit. Damn Seedy, missed that one bro.   :lmfao:

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on May 13, 2013, 03:47:55 PM
The insane conspiracy theories here reminded me of another one.

Here?  What are they?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 04:28:56 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 04:25:38 PM

You've been dodging all day.  You going to be straight with me or what?

No I havent and you're first sentance is false.

As we say in Govmint service,  "Above my pay grade".

Where you been? In a basement or something.

Look if you want to just dick around, fine.  Why don't you go play while the adults are talking, okay?