2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on October 28, 2016, 09:38:17 AM
"my wife lacks the patience to be president" does sound bad

Yes, that does sound bad.  Luckily for him he didn't say that.

Malthus

He shoulda said "no normal, well-adjusted person would willingly put up with this shit-storm, having seen it first hand."  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quote from: Malthus on October 28, 2016, 10:27:47 AM

He shoulda said "no normal, well-adjusted person would willingly put up with this shit-storm, having seen it first hand."  :D

"The Secret Service has, on multiple time, stopped Michele from simply murdering members of the Republican party, so no I don't think she wants to be a politician by her own right"

is what I reading between the lines.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on September 25, 2016, 08:41:22 PM
Once every five minutes somewhere in Florida a pro-Hillary ad is aired.  Conventional wisdom is that if Hil can get the non-Cuban Hispanic vote out in Florida she should take the state.  Consequently I wasn't entirely surprised to hear a Hil ad on the Spanish language radio channel out of Orlando the other day.  What was a surprise is that it was narrated by Tim Kaine.  Unfortunately Kaine's Spanish isn't much better than mine; and even I can tell he has a heavy gringo accent.   I doubt that's really going to get out the Spanish speaking vote.  It could be a target for mockery, except neither candidate for president nor Pence speaks Spanish.

Of course it doesn't do the Democrats much good if they get out the Hispanic vote, if they all vote for Tío Marco for Senate.  I think they realized that rather late in the game and now are almost constantly broadcasting commercials for Rubio's opponent, Patrick Murphy.  I've even heard an ad where Barack Obama phonetically sounds out a blurb in Spanish for Murphy.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

He looks more like a cousin than an uncle. :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Hamilcar

Well, he'll certainly be purged in the Clinton administration, but why is he trying to score points with the Trumpistas/ There are no lobbying jobs there post Nov 8....

Admiral Yi

I expect he's trying to protect the integrity of the FBI (insert Seedy rant) and the integrity of the investigation.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 28, 2016, 12:53:41 PM
I expect he's trying to protect the integrity of the FBI (insert Seedy rant) and the integrity of the investigation.

Odd way of doing it. Krugman on Twitter just now:
QuoteIf we don't hear more from Comey, we just have to conclude that he was trying to swing election. And *that* should be the story.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 28, 2016, 01:01:56 PM

QuoteIf we don't hear more from Comey, we just have to conclude that he was trying to swing election. And *that* should be the story.

I don't follow.

My point is if this hidden cache of emails became public later, which it invariably would, people would say, with some justification, that the FBI was engaged in a coverup.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 28, 2016, 01:04:31 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 28, 2016, 01:01:56 PM

I don't follow.

My point is if this hidden cache of emails became public later, which it invariably would, people would say, with some justification, that the FBI was engaged in a coverup.

Oh, I see, sorry. That is a very good point. So Comey is between a rock and a hard place, and chose this as the least bad course of action?

FunkMonk

I agree with Yi.

Also, I think the calculation here is that it won't actually effect a change in the polls. People are tired of hearing about emails and this won't move the needle at all.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

But the House Republicans will surely drag this on forever so they can impeach President Clinton.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Caliga

Was at a business lunch today and a co-worker started ranting about how Trump supposedly raped a 13 year old and is going to go to jail for it. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Hamilcar

Can they even try to impeach Clinton over the emails? I'd have imagined that you can only impeach a president for actions as president? Or is this not the case?