2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 27, 2016, 03:31:15 PM
I believe he's said he hasn't smoked weed in years.

Nope.  He quit when he started running for President, so apparently sometime in April or May.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/23/libertarian-gary-johnson-quit-smoking-pot-to-run-for-president/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

"[Y]ou stopped taking it seven weeks ago because you want to be sharp. So you are now in the odd position of coming under scrutiny, not because you took the drug, but now because you've stopped taking the drug?" Cuomo asked.

Take marijuana?  Can someone from New York really be this square?

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2016, 04:39:37 PM
You let em know all about it, Dre.

Or really anyone without a stick up their butt.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 27, 2016, 03:53:56 PM
"[Y]ou stopped taking it seven weeks ago because you want to be sharp. So you are now in the odd position of coming under scrutiny, not because you took the drug, but now because you've stopped taking the drug?" Cuomo asked.

Take marijuana?  Can someone from New York really be this square?

I believe Johnson was big into edibles, so I don't think "take marijuana" is all that bad.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Phillip V

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 27, 2016, 09:56:28 AM
Now that we're in the final stretch of our long national nightmare, I'd just like to reflect on my Favorite Fucking Things this election:

1. Egg McMuffin (potentially) winning Utah
2. Aleppo Johnson confirming for everyone how idiotic the Libertarian Party is.
3. Aleppo Johnson's Veep basically telling people to vote for Hillary, not Johnson
4. Chris Christie hostage video
5. Bernouts

Donald, for all he's done for us, the American electorate and interested parties around the globe, doesn't make my Favorites list.

6.  Jeb! is a mess.
7.  Robot Rubio

Razgovory

So Republicans are already declaring that they plan to obstruct and investigate Clinton if she wins. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

So it'll be just like the first Clinton administration then.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

I guess the message is clear - if you want functional government you have to vote (D) across the board.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on October 27, 2016, 05:53:33 PM
I guess the message is clear - if you want functional government you have to vote (D) across the board.

Pelosi-Reid Connection was the height of functional government?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

Quote from: garbon on October 27, 2016, 06:04:40 PM

Hey Garbon, would you like to add something of value to the discussion? Or is permanent devil's advocate your schtick?

Let us know!

Sincerely,

Languish.

11B4V

Quote from: Zoupa on October 27, 2016, 06:29:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 27, 2016, 06:04:40 PM

Hey Garbon, would you like to add something of value to the discussion? Or is permanent devil's advocate your schtick?

Let us know!

Sincerely,

Languish.

How mean.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on October 27, 2016, 05:14:47 PM
I believe Johnson was big into edibles, so I don't think "take marijuana" is all that bad.

You really don't take edibles either.  Consume would work.

On the subject, my neighbor told me his dog got into his candy covered edibles and got so high he had to take the day off work to nurse her.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on October 27, 2016, 05:40:05 PM
So Republicans are already declaring that they plan to obstruct and investigate Clinton if she wins. <_<

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

I read this is the first year West Virginia does not have the "vote a straight ticket" option where you can just check one box to vote all D or all R candidates on the ticket.  Nobody knows which party will benefit more from the change, but it will disrupt the status quo somehow.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall