2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

The story is not that he has been an entertainer for a long time.

The story is that he has a whole lifetime of comments that shows he is not fit for presidency when it comes to temperament, values or experience.

It's a bit tired story because it has been told with more explicit examples for about a year now, but it is certainly the task of journalists to demonstrate that a candidate is deeply flawed and unfit for the office he seeks.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 27, 2016, 12:47:34 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2016, 11:15:50 PM
"Illegal immigration violates the civil rights of African Americans."  Yes, he actually said that today.

Well, in a sense it's true. African Americans are disproportionally more likely to belong to the working class than other ethnic groups in the US. Illegal immigration is having a predominantly adverse effect on the working class (competition for jobs, driving down wages, crime) while it is a net positive for the upper middle class (cheaper maids and gardeners). Like most issues in America, it is a class issue disguised as a race/nationality issue.

Yes that's exactly how it works.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Michael Moore believes Trump will win:

Quote"Whether Trump means it or not is kind of irrelevant because he's saying the things to people who are hurting. And it's why every beaten-down, nameless, forgotten working stiff who used to be part of what was called the middle class loves Trump," Moore told an audience in an Ohio theater during the one-man show that served as the basis for Michael Moore in TrumpLand.

"He is the human Molotov cocktail that they've been waiting for," Moore added. "The human hand grenade that they can legally throw into the system that stole their lives from them."

Moore continued by saying that disenfranchised middle-class working Americans have essentially lost everything but the one thing guaranteed to them by the United State Constitution: the right to vote.

"So on November 8th, the dispossessed will walk into the voting booth, be handed a ballot, close the curtain and take that lever, or felt pen, or touch screen and put a big f*cking X in the box by the name of the man who has threatened to upend and overturn the very system that has ruined their lives: Donald J. Trump.

"They see that the elites, who ruined their lives, hate Trump. Corporate America hates Trump. Wall Street hates Trump. The career politicians hate Trump. The media hate Trump, after they loved him and created him and now hate him. Thank you, media. The enemy of my enemy is who I'm voting for on November 8th.

"Trump's election is going to be the biggest 'F*ck you' ever recorded in human history," Moore adds. "And it will feel good."

garbon

Moore is more than just kind of irrelevant.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 26, 2016, 08:31:06 AM
Clinton's RCP average down to 4.2 now. Leading Florida barely by just 1.6. Trump closing down the gap in Ohio.

Truly, the Timmy taint is real and it's happening right before our eyes :cry:

The Taint just dosen't give a fuck.

Awesome arcane powers at work here.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on October 27, 2016, 03:34:55 AM
If Michael had said he believed Trump was going to lose, nobody would have paid attention to him. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on October 27, 2016, 08:13:52 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 27, 2016, 03:34:55 AM
If Michael had said he believed Trump was going to lose, nobody would have paid attention to him. :sleep:

True.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 26, 2016, 11:41:52 PM
Charts of early vote turn out by county in Texas.

https://apps.texastribune.org/texas-early-voting-tracker/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1477518654

Looks to me that people are just getting used to the idea of early voting. We had a higher overall turnout in 2008 than we did in 2012 despite the higher early voting in 2012, for example.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on October 27, 2016, 12:49:09 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 26, 2016, 05:49:43 PM
Depending on eventual turn out, between 1/4 and 1/3 of total voters have already voted. From CNN.

The fix is in.  :lol:

I don't get it.

CountDeMoney

"Illegal immigration violates the civil rights of African Americans."  Yes, he actually said that today.

Well, in a sense it's true. African Americans are disproportionally more likely to belong to the working class than other ethnic groups in the US. Illegal immigration is having a predominantly adverse effect on the working class (competition for jobs, driving down wages, crime) while it is a net positive for the upper middle class (cheaper maids and gardeners). Like most issues in America, it is a class issue disguised as a race/nationality issue.

Wrong, Mary.
Now go pour a glass of wine and think about what a Poland without Jews would be like.  OH WAIT

The Minsky Moment

Well, in a sense it's true. .

Not in any sense.  See definition: "civil rights"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

FunkMonk

Now that we're in the final stretch of our long national nightmare, I'd just like to reflect on my Favorite Fucking Things this election:

1. Egg McMuffin (potentially) winning Utah
2. Aleppo Johnson confirming for everyone how idiotic the Libertarian Party is.
3. Aleppo Johnson's Veep basically telling people to vote for Hillary, not Johnson
4. Chris Christie hostage video
5. Bernouts

Donald, for all he's done for us, the American electorate and interested parties around the globe, doesn't make my Favorites list.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

The Chris Christie thing will stick with me for awhile. Surreal.

CountDeMoney

You forgot insulting Ted Cruz's wife and getting endorsed by him anyway.  YEAH UR BOTH MAH BITCHES