2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Jacob on October 25, 2016, 07:09:21 PM
Trump pulls out of doing high value fundraisers that benefit downticket Republicans; vows to focus on his own rallies and fundraising going primarily to his campaign (more hats and polling!): https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/25/trump-halts-big-money-fundraising-cutting-off-cash-to-the-party/

Those hats are going to be collector's items eventually.

garbon

Hil campaign now has there own make your own version of the hat in tin foil!

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on October 25, 2016, 11:44:02 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 25, 2016, 08:03:30 PMI forwarded that to my sister right after you posted it.  She is still flipping the fuck out about it.  :lol:

I can see how it might get under someone's skin. I guess she's not going to vote for Trump, then?

We're a family of very short fuses when it comes to politics.  Mom's ready to start learning how to make pipe bombs with Pillsbury crescent roll tubes and wage a guerrilla campaign for women's reproductive--oooh, look honey, a Cracker Barrel, pull over.

Except Dad, he just shakes his head a lot, saying Dick Nixon never would've done this or done that.  Always brings up Governor Moonbeam though, which is wholly annoying.   :glare:

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 25, 2016, 04:56:55 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/25/us-elections-live-trump-clinton-news?page=with:block-580fabc1e4b0219a00d388a8#block-580fabc1e4b0219a00d388a8

QuotePowell to vote for Clinton

Former secretary of state Colin Powell, a Republican who served under George W Bush, will reportedly vote for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in the upcoming general election.

Speaking at the Long Island Association, a trade group and civic organization based outside of New York City, Powell told the group that "I am voting for Hillary Clinton," according to the New York Times.

Powell, a retired four-star general and former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who was once considered a potential presidential candidate himself, reportedly cited Republican nominee Donald Trump's inexperience and negative messaging as contributing to his cross-party endorsement.

The former secretary of state joins other officials from the second Bush administration in indicating their plans to vote for Clinton or their disavowal of Trump, including former homeland security secretary Michael Chertoff, former commerce secretary Carlos Gutierrez, former treasury secretary Henry Paulson and former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice, Powell's successor who urged Trump to withdraw from the race earlier this month

Didn't he already say that back in April or something?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 26, 2016, 05:54:43 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/25/us-elections-live-trump-clinton-news?page=with:block-580fabc1e4b0219a00d388a8#block-580fabc1e4b0219a00d388a8

Former secretary of state Colin Powell, a Republican who served under George W Bush, will reportedly vote for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in the upcoming general election.

Speaking at the Long Island Association, a trade group and civic organization based outside of New York City, Powell told the group that "I am voting for Hillary Clinton," according to the New York Times.

Powell, a retired four-star general and former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who was once considered a potential presidential candidate himself, reportedly cited Republican nominee Donald Trump's inexperience and negative messaging as contributing to his cross-party endorsement.

The former secretary of state joins other officials from the second Bush administration in indicating their plans to vote for Clinton or their disavowal of Trump, including former homeland security secretary Michael Chertoff, former commerce secretary Carlos Gutierrez, former treasury secretary Henry Paulson and former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice, Powell's successor who urged Trump to withdraw from the race earlier this month

No?  His earlier position was that he wasn't endorsing any candidate and then most recently were his frosty leaked email attacks on Hillary and Trump.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I would feel a bit uncomfortable if my mother thought abortion was such a great thing. :unsure:

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 26, 2016, 05:58:59 AM

No?  His earlier position was that he wasn't endorsing any candidate and then most recently were his frosty leaked email attacks on Hillary and Trump.

Right. I could be thinking of him endorsing Obama in earlier elections, as others pointed out.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 26, 2016, 06:00:41 AM
I would feel a bit uncomfortable if my mother thought abortion was such a great thing. :unsure:

Who thinks abortion is 'such a great thing'?

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 26, 2016, 06:04:08 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 26, 2016, 06:00:41 AM

Who thinks abortion is 'such a great thing'?

People who refuse to fund birth control programs. I mean I presume anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

You're assuming he's only voting once.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2016, 07:28:54 AM

Speaking at the Long Island Association, a trade group and civic organization based outside of New York City, Powell told the group that “I am voting for Hillary Clinton,” according to the New York Times.

Powell, a retired four-star general and former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who was once considered a potential presidential candidate himself, reportedly cited Republican nominee Donald Trump’s inexperience and negative messaging as contributing to his cross-party endorsement.

The former secretary of state joins other officials from the second Bush administration in indicating their plans to vote for Clinton or their disavowal of Trump, including former homeland security secretary Michael Chertoff, former commerce secretary Carlos Gutierrez, former treasury secretary Henry Paulson and former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice, Powell’s successor who urged Trump to withdraw from the race earlier this month

You're assuming he's only voting once.

:P
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Clinton's RCP average down to 4.2 now. Leading Florida barely by just 1.6. Trump closing down the gap in Ohio.

Truly, the Timmy taint is real and it's happening right before our eyes :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

Breitbart's spin on Newt:

QuoteLike most conservatives, Speaker Newt Gingrich has finally had enough of Megyn Kelly's biased nonsense.

WATCH how Gingrich DESTROYS Kelly when she starts in with her obnoxious anti-Trump antics...

:lol:

Berkut

CNN write up on the Kelly-Gingrich war:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/26/media/megyn-kelly-newt-gingrich-donald-trump/index.html

Now, I found this part particularly incredible:

QuoteGingrich also seemed to dismiss Fox's own electoral map, which shows Clinton well ahead of the 270 electoral votes she needs to win the presidency.

Kelly cited several such maps, including Fox's, and said "these are nonpartisan outlets that are just trying to call the electoral scoreboard."

"They're not nonpartisan outlets," Gingrich responded. "Every outlet you described is part of the establishment."

"Fox News? Really? Are we? I don't think so," she said.

"Oh c'mon," Gingrich said.

How can anyone look at Newt Fucking Gingrich and actually buy into the idea that he is a champion for fighting the establishment??? He *IS* the establishment!

I do wonder where Kelly will end up as well. It seems unlikely she will stay at Fox. But if she does, I suspect that it means that with Ailes gone, Fox might actually try to move more mainstream.

If she doesn't stay, I think it send the message that Fox will be doubling down on their white sheet and torch selling history, and replace her with some arch conservative pretty face. And they will get even more crazy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned