2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on October 28, 2016, 03:14:48 PM
Danish betting sites still giving 15/4 on Trump. What is a reasonable amount to bet so as to not feel completely shit when Donald secures himself at least 4 years of 24/7 news coverage? :P

Ask yourself the question how much you would be willing to pay to guarantee a Clinton victory, and you should be able to derive your answer.

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 28, 2016, 03:23:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2016, 02:26:11 PM
¡CARLOS DANGER!

Unbelievable.  Comey must have lost his mind.

Why?

As I understand it, the FBI is investigating Senor Danger for sexting with underage girls.  They seize his phones.  They find Clinton emails not previously disclosed.  Comey decides they have to take a closer look at the emails, but is worried that his previous testimony to Congress is no longer true.  So he sends the briefest possible note, on a Friday afternoon, to congress.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on October 28, 2016, 03:34:38 PM
¡CARLOS DANGER!

Why?

As I understand it, the FBI is investigating Senor Danger for sexting with underage girls.  They seize his phones.  They find Clinton emails not previously disclosed.  Comey decides they have to take a closer look at the emails, but is worried that his previous testimony to Congress is no longer true.  So he sends the briefest possible note, on a Friday afternoon, to congress.

Yeah the issue lies with Chaffetz et. al. who lie and claim it means the investigation is reopened when it's not.

garbon

¡CARLOS DANGER!

Why?

Again that would make sense if Comey wasn't the guy who'd already decided to do a bit of grandstanding on the issue.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on October 28, 2016, 04:07:18 PM
Again that would make sense if Comey wasn't the guy who'd already decided to do a bit of grandstanding on the issue.

I *liked* Comey's explanation.

Too often we seem to be of the opinion that if something is wrong it must be illegal, or that if something isn't illegal it must have been acceptable.  Thus you have Trump supporters chanting "lock her up", while Clinton supporters general won't admit she did anything wrong at all.

Clinton's private email server was risky and self-serving.  As we've now seen from the Podesta hacked emails there's a reason why government puts so much security on their IT.  Clinton deserrved to be called out on that, while at the same time pointing out that there was no criminal case to be made.

This probably comes from my courtroom experience.  Some of the decisions I like the most are when the judge goes "I'm going to find you not guilty, but let's not pretend you're an angel".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 28, 2016, 02:55:03 PM
This is the final battle we've been waiting for.

Good luck to you all. Hail Caesar.

:lol: It's like the 4th quarter in the Divisional round of the playoffs against the Patriots. What's going to happen?Declare an eligible receiver with :01 on the play clock?  Mysterious telecom outages to the opponents' sidelines from the coordinators' box?  Sudden new rules interpretations?  Who knows?

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on October 28, 2016, 04:15:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 28, 2016, 04:07:18 PM

I *liked* Comey's explanation.

Too often we seem to be of the opinion that if something is wrong it must be illegal, or that if something isn't illegal it must have been acceptable.  Thus you have Trump supporters chanting "lock her up", while Clinton supporters general won't admit she did anything wrong at all.

Clinton's private email server was risky and self-serving.  As we've now seen from the Podesta hacked emails there's a reason why government puts so much security on their IT.  Clinton deserrved to be called out on that, while at the same time pointing out that there was no criminal case to be made.

This probably comes from my courtroom experience.  Some of the decisions I like the most are when the judge goes "I'm going to find you not guilty, but let's not pretend you're an angel".

So you liked that he decided to do something other than his job aka pontificating on presidential candidates?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2016, 04:19:34 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 28, 2016, 02:55:03 PM
This is the final battle we've been waiting for.

Good luck to you all. Hail Caesar.

:lol: It's like the 4th quarter in the Divisional round of the playoffs against the Patriots. What's going to happen?Declare an eligible receiver with :01 on the play clock?  Mysterious telecom outages to the opponents' sidelines from the coordinators' box?  Sudden new rules interpretations?  Who knows?

Tuck rule  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

¡CARLOS DANGER!

He must've known he was fucked either way. Send the letter immediately and get skewered by the Dems or hold back till after the election and get roasted by the Reps. And the media would have its field day either way, as they always do.

Still, I wish I could've seen the look on his face when they told him about Weiner.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me."

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Trump's reaction to the Comey memo: "I guess the system is not as rigged as I thought."  :D

He's also offering to triple match any campaign donations out of his own pocket.  :nelson:

mongers

I'd guess Comey will retire this February or March.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Well she came out fighting half an hour ago, laying out the question of why the FBI only sent it to Republicans (is this true) and asking for the FBI to share the "facts they claim to have."

CountDeMoney

They find Clinton emails not previously disclosed.

Going to be hilarious when it comes out that they're all duplicates of shit they've already read.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on October 28, 2016, 06:53:01 PM
Well she came out fighting half an hour ago, laying out the question of why the FBI only sent it to Republicans (is this true) and asking for the FBI to share the "facts they claim to have."

Diane Feinstein is on the distro.  I don't see any mention in the memo of any facts anyone claims to have.

If your reporting is accurate, she is blundering.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 28, 2016, 06:56:27 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 28, 2016, 06:53:01 PM

Diane Feinstein is on the distro.  I don't see any mention in the memo of any facts anyone claims to have.

If your reporting is accurate, she is blundering.

I was just quoting what she said.