2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2016, 07:51:25 AMThere's no New Trump.  There's only Trump or Trump + Crowd.

:D

Trump necklaced Clinton with the birther thing and put her on the defensive (her social media millenial cornballs went into an epic twatter meltdown as a result), got the media to broadcast those vet badasses endorsing him, knocked the media narrative they were going to use to henpeck him with out and plugged his new hotel.

CNN was gloriously salty yesterday.

Please Mr. Trump I can't stand this much winning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYnl6GMOBIA
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Legbiter on September 17, 2016, 09:13:20 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2016, 07:51:25 AMThere's no New Trump.  There's only Trump or Trump + Crowd.

Trump necklaced Clinton with the birther thing and put her on the defensive (her social media millenial cornballs went into an epic twatter meltdown as a result),

WTF are you talking about?  How is calling someone on their bullshit considered being "defensive"?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2016, 10:05:15 PM
:lol:

QuoteTrump also pledged to undo President Obama's executive actions opening up relations with Cuba, "unless the Castro regime meets our demands."

After Trump concluded his speech, his campaign sent out a news release with his remarks, highlighting his comments about Cuba and Venezuela — but misspelling the latter "Venezuala."

Wonder if he speaks Austrian?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

So where do we go from here?  Regardless of election results, the fact that this is even remotely close is indicative of some fundamental chasm in perception of the world.  How does the country keep going with such a total war approach to politics?

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2016, 09:17:22 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on September 17, 2016, 09:13:20 AM

Trump necklaced Clinton with the birther thing and put her on the defensive (her social media millenial cornballs went into an epic twatter meltdown as a result),

WTF are you talking about?  How is calling someone on their bullshit considered being "defensive"?
In the post-truth world this kind of thing actually makes sense.

Legbiter

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2016, 09:17:22 AMWTF are you talking about?  How is calling someone on their bullshit considered being "defensive"?

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Quote from: DGuller on September 17, 2016, 09:23:46 AM
So where do we go from here?  Regardless of election results, the fact that this is even remotely close is indicative of some fundamental chasm in perception of the world.  How does the country keep going with such a total war approach to politics?

It's this close because 40% of the country would vote for a lamp if it had an R next to it and Hillary is possibly the second most hated politician in the country.

Trump picked an ideal time to run for president. The GOP field was large but they had zero understanding of their own electorate and the Dems had to choose between two old, self-absorbed lifelong pols. 

I don't like it anymore than you do but that's where we are. I've already strapped myself in to prepare for the upcoming Trump presidency. I suggest everyone else does too.  :bowler: :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Minsky Moment

Said it before and I'll say it again.  Lying doesn't matter.  How you appear when you lie does. Trump lies with conviction, because for him truth is an irrelevant criterion.  If he says something true, it is only because the Brownian motion of his utterances happen by sheer chance to land briefly on some actual fact.

HC lies much less frequently, but when she does it, she is terrible at it.  She gets tripped up by her Midwestern Methodist guilt.  She looks and sounds insincere.  And so that is what people think about her.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 17, 2016, 09:52:03 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again.  Lying doesn't matter.  How you appear when you lie does. Trump lies with conviction, because for him truth is an irrelevant criterion.  If he says something true, it is only because the Brownian motion of his utterances happen by sheer chance to land briefly on some actual fact.

HC lies much less frequently, but when she does it, she is terrible at it.  She gets tripped up by her Midwestern Methodist guilt.  She looks and sounds insincere.  And so that is what people think about her.

It's not even about lying.  There's lying--"Did I do it? No I did not" and then there's simply making shit up as you go along--"The sky is purple. Period." 

HVC

All the years she's fought, and all she's done (good and bad) All Hilary is going to be remembered for is that she lost to trump. That's has to eat her up inside.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

LaCroix

unless she implodes somehow during the debates, she's still going to win

HVC

Quote from: LaCroix on September 17, 2016, 02:02:33 PM
unless she implodes somehow during the debates, she's still going to win
i hope she does. The only reason I think trump would have a chance to win is the I think the dems voters are more likely to do stupid things like protest vote a third party candidate or not vote at all. But maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on September 17, 2016, 01:54:53 PM
All the years she's fought, and all she's done (good and bad) All Hilary is going to be remembered for is that she lost to trump. That's has to eat her up inside.

That's nothing compared to the President, when he has to hand the keys over to the man whose entire political career was propelled around the lie that he never belonged there in the first place.

That's the thing about America: if a negro doesn't know his place, it'll make sure he eventually gets there one way or another.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 17, 2016, 01:46:26 AM
Sometimes I think that people are just bored.

We've had it good for too long.  People don't think thing can take a dramatic turn fort he worse.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Paddy Power odds:

Hillary 4/7

Donald 6/4  (don't know why they don't say 3/2)

Terrible couple weeks for America.