2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2016, 06:54:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2016, 06:49:56 AM
So were ancient Romans and Greeks. Yet we still enjoy the fruit of their labour. I doubt today's precious sensitive little snowflakes would be able to match their achievements.

And I'd very much dislike if there were a group of people about now acting like ancient Romans/Greeks and/or lamenting that people don't act like those ancient peoples.

For 95% of the population, living in Ancient Greece or Rome sucked donkey balls. So I'll take the hipsters.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Having grown up in the grunge era it is hard to be too judgmental :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2016, 02:21:30 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2016, 02:07:47 AM
To kickoff run up to the debate, Trump points out that CNN is the clinton new network and Anderson Cooper can't be trusted to be a fair moderator.

He has a point.

Only on the top of his head.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

BREAKING NEWS (according to the New York Times)

Trump: Obama 'Was Born in the United States, Period'

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us/politics/donald-trump-birther-obama.html

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on September 16, 2016, 10:46:26 AM
BREAKING NEWS (according to the New York Times)

Trump: Obama 'Was Born in the United States, Period'

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us/politics/donald-trump-birther-obama.html

I like this:
Quote"Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy," Mr. Trump said. "I finished it."

Cannot he not just be finished on a topic? Also, why can't he even make a simple statement without lying?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on September 16, 2016, 08:33:22 AM

For FunkMonk. :thumbsup:

See, this is why Trump will win. All his critics on the left/liberal side of the media immediately jump the ship when they can get him on their shows to boost ratings.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2016, 08:34:25 AM
Having grown up in the grunge era it is hard to be too judgmental :P

Typical 90's grunge song. Everyone in flannel. Typical 90's grunge song. Something from Seattle.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2016, 10:59:24 AM

See, this is why Trump will win. All his critics on the left/liberal side of the media immediately jump the ship when they can get him on their shows to boost ratings.

:hmm:

He basically did what Hil had already done when she let Fallon tug her hair to see if it was real.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

So apparently now just wearing a MAGA hat is a microaggression:

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/donald-trump-make-america-great-again-hat-causes-stir-at-mru

Quote"Today (Wednesday) I got into an altercation with a guy wearing a 'Make America Great Again' hat. I went up and asked him if he would take the hat off, explaining a university should be a safe space," she said.

"It was impossible to communicate to him why wearing a hat in support of a movement grown on the seeds of racism, bigotry and exclusion of diversity (sexual and cultural) could make some people afraid," she added.

The woman involved in the dispute, Zoe Slusar, told Postmedia in a written statement Thursday that: "He is allowed to wear the hat."

"As a student, I disagree with what the hat represents," she said. "I have diverse friends (culturally and sexually) who would drop a class if the person wearing the hat was sitting in the room with them, because they would feel unsafe. Given the deeper issues of intolerance and oppression represented by the hat, I disagree with it."

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2016, 11:22:28 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2016, 10:59:24 AM

:hmm:

He basically did what Hil had already done when she let Fallon tug her hair to see if it was real.

Yes, but he basically spends most of his time telling his viewers that Trump is a new Hitler. And then he invites him on the show and playfully tussles his hair. This is why Trump will win - because people will not take the liberal doomsayers seriously.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2016, 11:24:17 AM
Yes, but he basically spends most of his time telling his viewers that Trump is a new Hitler. And then he invites him on the show and playfully tussles his hair. This is why Trump will win - because people will not take the liberal doomsayers seriously.

I'm not convinced that people are using shows like Fallon's to decide how they should vote. He's not even pretending to be a political show.

I mean, I don't hate Trump as a person but do think he's shown nothing that would make him competent for the US. We'd be give us a Brexit sort of blow which isn't a death spiral but also certainly brings us no positives.

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2016, 06:11:04 AM

Ah you mean when they were all racist and sexist? What a golden age!

You mean the era when college educated white men thoroughly controlled the power structures of the country, and passed the civil rights act and instituted affirmative action?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus