2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2016, 11:23:02 AM
So apparently now just wearing a MAGA hat is a microaggression:

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/donald-trump-make-america-great-again-hat-causes-stir-at-mru

Quote"Today (Wednesday) I got into an altercation with a guy wearing a 'Make America Great Again' hat. I went up and asked him if he would take the hat off, explaining a university should be a safe space," she said.

"It was impossible to communicate to him why wearing a hat in support of a movement grown on the seeds of racism, bigotry and exclusion of diversity (sexual and cultural) could make some people afraid," she added.

The woman involved in the dispute, Zoe Slusar, told Postmedia in a written statement Thursday that: "He is allowed to wear the hat."

"As a student, I disagree with what the hat represents," she said. "I have diverse friends (culturally and sexually) who would drop a class if the person wearing the hat was sitting in the room with them, because they would feel unsafe. Given the deeper issues of intolerance and oppression represented by the hat, I disagree with it."

Her stand against this hat she disagrees with is to be applauded.

:barf:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Universities are where people learn how to stop being stupid, by being stupid and finding out how stupid they are.
It has been this way since the invention of stupid college kids.  And so the delicate ballet of nature goes on.

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on September 15, 2016, 10:23:05 PM
Are any of the projections taking Timmah Taint into account?

Tim tainted her on August 26th. It only took 15 days for the Taint's eldritch powers to destroy her campaign.

Tim, with great power comes great responsibility.  :sleep:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on September 16, 2016, 02:27:20 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2016, 11:23:02 AM
So apparently now just wearing a MAGA hat is a microaggression:

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/donald-trump-make-america-great-again-hat-causes-stir-at-mru

Quote"Today (Wednesday) I got into an altercation with a guy wearing a 'Make America Great Again' hat. I went up and asked him if he would take the hat off, explaining a university should be a safe space," she said.

"It was impossible to communicate to him why wearing a hat in support of a movement grown on the seeds of racism, bigotry and exclusion of diversity (sexual and cultural) could make some people afraid," she added.

The woman involved in the dispute, Zoe Slusar, told Postmedia in a written statement Thursday that: "He is allowed to wear the hat."

"As a student, I disagree with what the hat represents," she said. "I have diverse friends (culturally and sexually) who would drop a class if the person wearing the hat was sitting in the room with them, because they would feel unsafe. Given the deeper issues of intolerance and oppression represented by the hat, I disagree with it."

Her stand against this hat she disagrees with is to be applauded.

:barf:

Out of fairness to the US, I should point out this happened at a Canadian university.  Calgary no less.  :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Although also to be fair, this was just one individual student confronting another about the hat.  The students association, and the university itself, at no point have ever argued that you can't wear a stupid Trump MAGA hat on campus.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 16, 2016, 02:37:38 PM

Out of fairness to the US, I should point out this happened at a Canadian university.  Calgary no less.  :(

I was about to say. One Canadian said something stupid and this is news? Hell that happens on the internet every few seconds. Never on Languish of course  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Emotional Obama Tearfully Thanks Trump for Granting Him Citizenship

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling this "the greatest day of my life," a visibly moved Barack Obama held a news conference on Friday to thank Donald Trump for granting him U.S. citizenship.

"The issue of whether or not I was a U.S. citizen has been a dark cloud over my existence for as long as I can remember," a tearful Obama told the press corps. "Only one man had the courage, wisdom, and doggedness to make that cloud go away: Donald J. Trump."

The President, who had to halt several times during his remarks to compose himself, praised the Republican Presidential nominee for "never giving up" in his quest to prove that Obama was born in the U.S.

"A weaker man would have said, 'I don't need this in my life,' but Donald Trump was always there for me," the President said. "Over the past five years, barely a day went by when he didn't call me and say, 'Barack, I don't care what a bunch of crackpots say. You were born here, and I'm going to prove it once and for all.' "

The President said he planned to spend the day celebrating his U.S. citizenship with his family. "It's great to be an American, at last," he said.

When asked if he had any message for Trump, the President paused for a moment. "Just this: I love you," he said, a tear trickling down his cheek.

CountDeMoney

:lol: He blames Hillary for it.  And nobody cares. :lol:

Legbiter

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2016, 03:57:59 PM

:showoff:

Trump reframed the issue as him courageously saving Obama from nasty HRC's insinuations.  ^_^

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2016, 03:57:59 PM

Every outlet I've seen has called him out for lying. NYT even has article - Trump drops one rumor and starts another.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

I just read that Trump is 6'3 and weighs 267. He is 69 years old. I can't imagine he is in good health.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Neat. Trump said that since Hillary is anti 2nd amendment she should have her secret service detail disarm and then we can see what happens to her.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I'm curious what percentage of Trump supporters believes the things he says, such as Hillary starting the birther nonsense.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2016, 06:21:31 PM
I'm curious what percentage of Trump supporters believes the things he says, such as Hillary starting the birther nonsense.

Since Trump in all probability doesn't believe those sorts of things her
says, why do they have to believe it in order to parrot it?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"