And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Legbiter on September 15, 2016, 08:09:24 AM
36% of voters aged 18-29 say they'll either vote Johnson or Stein.  :hmm:

QuoteWith less than eight weeks before Election Day, Donald J. Trump and Hillary Clinton are locked in a tight contest, with both candidates still struggling to win the confidence of their respective bases, the latest New York Times/CBS News poll finds.

Mrs. Clinton, the Democratic nominee, has the support of 46 percent of likely voters nationwide, to 44 percent for Mr. Trump, the Republican, including those who said they were leaning toward a candidate. Looking more broadly at all registered voters, Mrs. Clinton holds a wider edge, 46 to 41 percent.

In a four-way race, Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton are tied at 42 percent each. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate, has the support of 8 percent of likely voters, and the Green Party nominee, Jill Stein, takes 4 percent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/us/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll.html?_r=0

Most interesting demographic I've seen in this race is married women vs. unmarried women.  Unmarried women are overwhelmingly Hillary, while Trump has and edge with married women.

That plus the fact that Trump is doing better with Hispandexes than the last two GOP candidates :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Not alarming, but puzzling.

The idea that there are a bunch of people out there who are undecided, or changing how they answer the pollsters questions, is kind of puzzling to me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

I talked someone into voting for Stein the other day.  When she asked me who I was voting for she was perplexed when I told her Johnson :)

Berkut

Were you able to explain to her that it was the most effective way to help Trump win while pretending not to like him?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on September 15, 2016, 12:54:24 PMMost interesting demographic I've seen in this race is married women vs. unmarried women.  Unmarried women are overwhelmingly Hillary, while Trump has and edge with married women.

That plus the fact that Trump is doing better with Hispandexes than the last two GOP candidates :lol:

This is of interest as well. Only 52% of the Bernie folk are going to vote for Hillary according to YouGov. And 15% of them are going to MAGA.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on September 15, 2016, 12:57:46 PM
Were you able to explain to her that it was the most effective way to help Trump win while pretending not to like him?

No.

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on September 15, 2016, 02:26:42 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 15, 2016, 12:57:46 PM

No.

You should have. The only way to change the system and care for the little people is to vote for the status quo establishment candidate who is beholden to big finance. It is known.

mongers

What about we ban all non-Americans from this thread until after the inauguration?   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on September 15, 2016, 03:04:23 PM
What about we ban all non-Americans from this thread until after the inauguration?   :bowler:

But that would ban you?

mongers

Quote from: Martinus on September 15, 2016, 03:07:29 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 15, 2016, 03:04:23 PM

But that would ban you?

A noble sacrifice for the greater good.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 15, 2016, 12:54:24 PM
Most interesting demographic I've seen in this race is married women vs. unmarried women.  Unmarried women are overwhelmingly Hillary, while Trump has and edge with married women.

Seems pretty predictable; what's more surprising is how Clinton is up with college-educated white males--a demographic the GOP has held on to since the 1950s.

CountDeMoney