News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on September 14, 2016, 02:15:54 PM
The reasoning (whether you agree or not) is this: that it goes to the very mercenary nature of their relationship.  If Bill and Hillary had a marriage based on love she would have dumped his ass years ago.  But because she benefits from being married to a serial philanderer she stays with him.

:lol: Fuck, that's some judgemental cuntism.  Are you sure you're Canadian, and not a 1950's suburban housewife?  #GladysKravitz

QuoteWhich goes nicely with Powell's assessment of her greed and unbridled ambition.

QuoteUnbridled
adjective

uncontrolled; unconstrained.

Uh, yeah.  Uncontrolled.  Unconstrained.

Razgovory

I'm a bit unclear on the "greed" thing.  Did she rob a bank when I wasn't looking?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on September 14, 2016, 06:50:46 PM
I'm a bit unclear on the "greed" thing.  Did she rob a bank when I wasn't looking?

She's a lawyer.  What more do you need to know?   :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on September 14, 2016, 06:12:30 PM
I'm almost tempted to vote for Trump just to spite Seedy, but I love my country too much for that.

You'll have plenty of other times to spite me--hopefully when the nation is under a lesser existential threat.

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2016, 08:58:14 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 14, 2016, 08:52:33 AM
The Economist has an interesting article about the "post-truth" nature of certain politicians these days (and why it is a bad thing).

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21706525-politicians-have-always-lied-does-it-matter-if-they-leave-truth-behind-entirely-art

Interesting parallel here:

QuoteMr Trump is the leading exponent of "post-truth" politics—a reliance on assertions that "feel true" but have no basis in fact. His brazenness is not punished, but taken as evidence of his willingness to stand up to elite power. And he is not alone. Members of Poland's government assert that a previous president, who died in a plane crash, was assassinated by Russia.

The left has been doing this for decades, claiming Republicans want to poison the water, steal old people's medicine, and starve children.
It's amazing how Putinist Republicans have become.  Anything that can't be denied will be denied anyway, and then turned around on US Democrats.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2016, 05:39:08 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on September 14, 2016, 05:31:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2016, 02:35:03 PM
A career military man demonstrating acute contempt for civilian politicians?  Yeah, that never happens.

I find it puzzling / worrying that this is a trope frequently endorsed in fiction, too.

They think they're above the fray, holier than thou, my service is more important than your service, etc.  A common thingy in American history.

Hell, Ike was dismissive of JFK and Nixon.

This is what happens when a country fetishizes military service to an extreme.

I'm still waiting for the day of the extreme Seven Days in May scenario happening. Come to think of it, I could possibly see it happening in a Trump administration :hmm:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 14, 2016, 08:15:01 PM
I'm still waiting for the day of the extreme Seven Days in May scenario happening. Come to think of it, I could possibly see it happening in a Trump administration :hmm:

Trump Administration?  Try Seven Days In February:lol:

alfred russel

Which countries is it possible to have a seven days in may scenario with these days?

Russia of course, but that doesn't seem likely with a Trump administration, as we will just do what they want.

China is possible. They don't really have the nuclear capability to go toe to toe with us, but they have enough to ruin our country.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 14, 2016, 07:32:13 PM

It's amazing how Putinist Republicans have become.  Anything that can't be denied will be denied anyway, and then turned around on US Democrats.

Several years ago I asked on this board if people would vote for Putin.  I had Hansmeister and Derspeiss in mind.  I think the answer is obvious now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 14, 2016, 06:50:46 PM

What does one have to do with another? The majority of greedy people have probably never committed a crime.

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on September 14, 2016, 07:32:13 PMIt's amazing how Putinist Republicans have become.  Anything that can't be denied will be denied anyway, and then turned around on US Democrats.

Yeah, it's retarded. It's one of the things I respect Bill O'Reilly for - he is constantly bashing Putin and the Putin-philia on his show (and challenging Trump about it in his interviews with him).

Martinus

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2016, 05:39:08 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on September 14, 2016, 05:31:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2016, 02:35:03 PM
A career military man demonstrating acute contempt for civilian politicians?  Yeah, that never happens.

I find it puzzling / worrying that this is a trope frequently endorsed in fiction, too.

They think they're above the fray, holier than thou, my service is more important than your service, etc.  A common thingy in American history.

Hell, Ike was dismissive of JFK and Nixon.

Didn't both JFK and Nixon perform military service in WW2?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius