News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

QuoteDPRK News Service ‏@DPRK_News
Famed U.S. shouting tycoon Donald Trump cancels release of medical records, prompting speculation that he suffers from crippling anal warts
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 14, 2016, 11:08:53 AM

Vote Jill Stein. She's woke.

I hope I used that right.

I actually don't know who I despise more, Trump or Stein.  At least Sanders is of the table.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

So Trump came out with a campaign platform for child care.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/child-care-reforms-that-will-make-america-great-again

It's quite a switch for his campaign.  It has actual, detailed policies, not just meaningless talking points.  Seriously - look at his website under positions.

Of course it would be enormously expensive and Trump doesn't even give a hint about how he's going to pay for it.

But here's the real kicker.  Last month on the campaign trail Trump talked about his employee child care programs.  He even named a couple of them.  The thing is those programs exist, but not for employees - they're for guests only.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/427e5f6dd29c4c30a99486cdf34cd054/trump-touts-child-care-programs-theyre-guests-only
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

I don't care much for reality TV, but when is the first debate?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on September 14, 2016, 11:20:29 AM
Dud this is a discussion board with at most 80-some people reading.  My (or Speiss) pointing out that Clinton is a terrible candidate doesn't make it any more likely that Trup is going to win the election.

Because what you say here is not reflective of what you say elsewhere?

I mean, yeah, in your case you're Canadian and so like other non-Americans are mostly irrelevant to the election outcome - but that's because you're not American, not because of the substance of what you say. Consistently tearing down a candidate is functionally equivalent to supporting the other candidate in a two-sided race; it is not a complex concept.

Zanza

Quote from: Zanza on September 14, 2016, 10:37:03 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2016, 10:16:19 AM
So... how are Marty and I cheerleading Trump?
The US general election is a zero sum game. Being negative about one candidate has the same effect as being positive about the opposing candidate. To give an example, some posters here have completely accepted the "crooked Hillary" theme so they don't even have to be positive about Trump to support him. Participating in tainting his opponent is all Trump needs to win in a zero sum game.

Dud this is a discussion board with at most 80-some people reading.  My (or Speiss) pointing out that Clinton is a terrible candidate doesn't make it any more likely that Trup is going to win the election.
The Mono argument? Really? Anyway, I think the described behavior is illustrative of a greater societal trend.

PS: If your "dud" is not just a misspelled dude then fuck you.  :hug:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2016, 10:16:19 AM
So... how are Marty and I cheerleading Trump?

If you're not for Hillary, you're with the terrorists.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Gups

Leaked email from Colin Powell (he has confirmed they are genuine apparently)

"I would rather not have to vote for her, although she is a friend I respect. A 70-year-old person with a long track record, unbridled ambition, greedy, not transformational, with a husband still dicking bimbos at home (according to the NYP)."

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on September 14, 2016, 12:03:09 PM

Because what you say here is not reflective of what you say elsewhere?

I mean, yeah, in your case you're Canadian and so like other non-Americans are mostly irrelevant to the election outcome - but that's because you're not American, not because of the substance of what you say. Consistently tearing down a candidate is functionally equivalent to supporting the other candidate in a two-sided race; it is not a complex concept.

Almost no one I know wants to discuss the US presidential race at any length. :(

And yes Zanza that "dude" was missing it's E. :hug:

Barrister

Quote from: Gups on September 14, 2016, 12:14:36 PM

"I would rather not have to vote for her, although she is a friend I respect. A 70-year-old person with a long track record, unbridled ambition, greedy, not transformational, with a husband still dicking bimbos at home (according to the NYP)."

Yikes!

Sounds pretty accurate though.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on September 14, 2016, 12:24:01 PM

Yikes!

Is a long track record a bad thing?

And yeah, I'd guess a heady dose of ambition might be needed to be the first woman president.

What relevance does her husband dicking bimbos have?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Yikes!

He's even less complimentary about Trump though "national disgrace...international pariah"

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on September 14, 2016, 12:26:09 PM

Yikes!

Is a long track record a bad thing?

And yeah, I'd guess a heady dose of ambition might be needed to be the first woman president.

What relevance does her husband dicking bimbos have?

I read that as 'a long track record of unbridled ambition and greed'.

Berkut

I agree with pretty much everything Leaked Colin had to say about both of them.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on September 14, 2016, 12:36:02 PM
I agree with pretty much everything Leaked Colin had to say about both of them.

Me too.