And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2016, 02:48:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 14, 2016, 11:23:04 AM
Spicy and me are kingmakers, being from a swing state. We rule, the rest of you drool.

Languish's attempts to bully me into voting for Illary have failed.

Lol she be illin'

Dude, you wouldn't vote for a woman even if Jeanne Kirkpatrick had developed a large leathery sheath to protect the retracted articulating arm for a clit the size of a Duraflame starter log.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on September 14, 2016, 12:26:09 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 14, 2016, 12:24:01 PM
Quote from: Gups on September 14, 2016, 12:14:36 PM
Leaked email from Colin Powell (he has confirmed they are genuine apparently)

"I would rather not have to vote for her, although she is a friend I respect. A 70-year-old person with a long track record, unbridled ambition, greedy, not transformational, with a husband still dicking bimbos at home (according to the NYP)."

Yikes!

Sounds pretty accurate though.

Is a long track record a bad thing?

And yeah, I'd guess a heady dose of ambition might be needed to be the first woman president.

What relevance does her husband dicking bimbos have?

Those are the same question my reading of it prompted.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Quote from: Barrister on September 14, 2016, 11:32:18 AM
So Trump came out with a campaign platform for child care.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/child-care-reforms-that-will-make-america-great-again

It's quite a switch for his campaign.  It has actual, detailed policies, not just meaningless talking points.  Seriously - look at his website under positions.

Of course it would be enormously expensive and Trump doesn't even give a hint about how he's going to pay for it.

But here's the real kicker.  Last month on the campaign trail Trump talked about his employee child care programs.  He even named a couple of them.  The thing is those programs exist, but not for employees - they're for guests only.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/427e5f6dd29c4c30a99486cdf34cd054/trump-touts-child-care-programs-theyre-guests-only

The real surpise is in October when Trump says he supports a woman's right to have an abortion, while Hannity, Rush, and Co. cheer him on.  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 14, 2016, 03:19:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 14, 2016, 11:32:18 AM
So Trump came out with a campaign platform for child care.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/child-care-reforms-that-will-make-america-great-again

It's quite a switch for his campaign.  It has actual, detailed policies, not just meaningless talking points.  Seriously - look at his website under positions.

Of course it would be enormously expensive and Trump doesn't even give a hint about how he's going to pay for it.

But here's the real kicker.  Last month on the campaign trail Trump talked about his employee child care programs.  He even named a couple of them.  The thing is those programs exist, but not for employees - they're for guests only.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/427e5f6dd29c4c30a99486cdf34cd054/trump-touts-child-care-programs-theyre-guests-only

The real surpise is in October when Trump says he supports a woman's right to have an abortion, while Hannity, Rush, and Co. cheer him on.  :D

I heard this crackpot theory that Trump is essentially "hypnotising" the GOP base by a technique called "following and leading". :D

The example was how he got the RNC audience to cheer when he said he will protect the lives of "El-Gee-Bee-Tea brothers and sisters" back in July. :D

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2016, 03:11:09 PM
Dude, you wouldn't vote for a woman even if...

Incorrect.  We get an American Thatcher and I'd vote for her in a heartbeat.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on September 14, 2016, 02:15:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 14, 2016, 01:55:55 PM
At any rate, the husband bit still strikes me as irrelevant to whether or not to vote for someone.

The reasoning (whether you agree or not) is this: that it goes to the very mercenary nature of their relationship.  If Bill and Hillary had a marriage based on love she would have dumped his ass years ago.  But because she benefits from being married to a serial philanderer she stays with him.

Which goes nicely with Powell's assessment of her greed and unbridled ambition.

So you are taking issue with her sticking to her wedding vows?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on September 14, 2016, 03:40:33 PM
At any rate, the husband bit still strikes me as irrelevant to whether or not to vote for someone.

The reasoning (whether you agree or not) is this: that it goes to the very mercenary nature of their relationship.  If Bill and Hillary had a marriage based on love she would have dumped his ass years ago.  But because she benefits from being married to a serial philanderer she stays with him.

Beeb is only pro-wedding vows when it is the state demanding that you stick to them!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

:huh: Yes.

I'm no Catholic.  Sometimes divorce is the answer.

Bill isn't someone who had a slip and promised to change.  He's a serial philanderer, has been for decades.  We knew it went back as far as 70s Arkansas right up to the Presidency.  Now we have Powell telling us it continues to this day.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on September 14, 2016, 03:43:37 PM

:huh: Yes.

I'm no Catholic.  Sometimes divorce is the answer.

Bill isn't someone who had a slip and promised to change.  He's a serial philanderer, has been for decades.  We knew it went back as far as 70s Arkansas right up to the Presidency.  Now we have Powell telling us it continues to this day.

What if she doesn't care if he's cheating?

So it isn't so much 'til death to us part' but instead 'til this isn't fun anymore'?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on September 14, 2016, 03:42:50 PM

Beeb is only pro-wedding vows when it is the state demanding that you stick to them!

For a one year cooling off period. :yes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Oexmelin

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2016, 02:35:03 PM
A career military man demonstrating acute contempt for civilian politicians?  Yeah, that never happens.

I find it puzzling / worrying that this is a trope frequently endorsed in fiction, too.
Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 14, 2016, 05:31:16 PM
A career military man demonstrating acute contempt for civilian politicians?  Yeah, that never happens.

I find it puzzling / worrying that this is a trope frequently endorsed in fiction, too.

They think they're above the fray, holier than thou, my service is more important than your service, etc.  A common thingy in American history.

Hell, Ike was dismissive of JFK and Nixon.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2016, 05:39:08 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on September 14, 2016, 05:31:16 PM

They think they're above the fray, holier than thou, my service is more important than your service, etc.  A common thingy in American history.

Hell, Ike was dismissive of JFK and Nixon.

Well he had the right to be dismissive of one of them.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Barrister on September 14, 2016, 12:38:07 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 14, 2016, 12:36:02 PM
I agree with pretty much everything Leaked Colin had to say about both of them.

Me too.

Yep.

Quote from: derspiess
Languish's attempts to bully me into voting for Illary have failed.

Heck, I've said that I'm voting for Hilary, and I still feel like I'm getting bullied because I don't support her unreservedly.  I'm almost tempted to vote for Trump just to spite Seedy, but I love my country too much for that.