2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 19, 2016, 05:39:59 AM
Man, it must really be tougher to get real news in Poland than I thought.  It's taken this long to get "Oliver Stone is a conspiracy goof" there all they way from 1991?  Rocks don't take that long to travel.

There was a leftwing dude in my office in my previous job who quoted Stone's HBO documentary like bible verse.  Had some fun conversations with that guy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Man, it must really be tougher to get real news in Poland than I thought.  It's taken this long to get "Oliver Stone is a conspiracy goof" there all they way from 1991?  Rocks don't take that long to travel.

Well, who cares. Another Muslim just blew up shit in New York. Trump will win no matter what.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2016, 08:29:53 AM

There was a leftwing dude in my office in my previous job who quoted Stone's HBO documentary like bible verse.  Had some fun conversations with that guy.

I'm sure you did.  Because fostering hostile work environments to validate preconceived political beliefs is fun.

derspiess

He and I actually got along great.  Still go to lunch with him every month or so.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 19, 2016, 08:36:52 AM

Well, who cares. Another Muslim just blew up shit in New York. Trump will win no matter what.

Which is really a more terrifying thing. How is the man who knows more than our generals about Isis going to be prepared to actually handle anything to do with terrorism? His not workable plan of banning Muslims?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2016, 09:17:36 AM
He and I actually got along great.  Still go to lunch with him every month or so.

Some of my best friends eat lunch.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

I don't get it.  Is Seedy saying I don't generally get along well with people with opposing political viewpoints?

Grinning_Colossus

Yes, using a "some of my best friends are black" analogy. This is Seedy being Seedy. :P
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

derspiess

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Zoupa on September 18, 2016, 09:29:22 PM
Can Clinton sue Trump for defamation?

She'd have to prove actual malice.  Jaw-dropping ignorance is a defense.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson