2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

:hmm: I don't think you'll find me challenging Fate's points at all.  I'm just pointing out that, as usual, he talks out of his ass when basic facts are involved.

I think it's pretty obvious that a country-wide ban on immigration from places like India will be as effective as invading Iraq.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

OttoVonBismarck

Eh, we don't need Indians coming in without high level degrees to fill tech, medical etc jobs. Most of these guys are simply too educated to be problematic, so I'm not real concerned.

What we have to avoid is letting dangerous demographic situations occur with entrenched, poor, bad Muslims particularly Sunnis from MENA regions who are very uneducated and have nothing valuable to contribute to society. There is virtually no chance of those people ever integrating, and in fact they are just spreading the plague of radical Islam.

In India Muslims have had to learn that they do not get to implement Sharia law and cut off people's heads and stone women to death and that they have to exist in a society in which all rules are not imposed by Muslims on other religions. Because of that Indian Muslims are much better behaved than those from MENA countries, and also most that qualify for immigration are highly educated, the highly educated as a rule don't buy into most of the stupidity inherent with Islam.

You guys are acting like we need a 100% Muslim ban to stop problems, we don't. We just need to block virtually all MENA immigration, and apply scrutiny to immigrants from countries with high Muslim populations. Many of the best scrutiny will just be based educational/economic qualifiers. Educated, middle class people from Indonesia or India are probably not cause for concern.

Countries like Saudi Arabia or Pakistan there is no real reason we should let people from those countries move here. This isn't some evil policy--try immigrating to Saudi Arabia some time. They don't even actually have a tourist visa, let alone any real process for a White Christian to move in and set up residency with a mind to citizenship. There are some special visitor visas and of course all the European/American contractors working for companies like Aramco get in on work visas but those are all temporary and not paths to citizenship.

alfred russel

Quote from: Habbaku on November 06, 2016, 10:08:26 PM
:hmm: I don't think you'll find me challenging Fate's points at all.  I'm just pointing out that, as usual, he talks out of his ass when basic facts are involved.

This is an internet discussion forum, not a peer reviewed journal. He could cross check every fact before he posts, but who cares? Worse mistakes have been made than saying India has the most muslims.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Habbaku

Except that it's a consistent pattern with him.  Or are we forgiving his entire history as a discount-rate Jaron?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Who gives a rat fuck, Walt Muslim World Resort could have the largest population of Muslims. Stop shitting up the Election thread with ignorant ass xenophobic bullshit.

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2016, 10:19:30 PM
Who gives a rat fuck, Walt Muslim World Resort could have the largest population of Muslims.

But would that make it the largest Muslim country?  :hmm:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Monoriu

Radical Muslims could be a problem.  But I am surprised that it ranks so high on people's minds.  I think the US has far greater problems on its hands.  Doing something about gun control probably saves more lives than banning Muslim immigrants from the Middle East. 

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on November 06, 2016, 10:15:37 PM
Except that it's a consistent pattern with him.  Or are we forgiving his entire history as a discount-rate Jaron?

I thought it was pretty fucking basic knowledge that Indonesia had the world's largest Muslim population (and was the world's 4th most populous nation).  And one of the least likely to commit terrorism, for what it's worth.

Or maybe it was because that one year I represented Indonesia in the Security Council at a Model UN... :nerd:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Fate

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2016, 10:08:45 PM
In India Muslims have had to learn that they do not get to implement Sharia law and cut off people's heads and stone women to death and that they have to exist in a society in which all rules are not imposed by Muslims on other religions. Because of that Indian Muslims are much better behaved than those from MENA countries, and also most that qualify for immigration are highly educated, the highly educated as a rule don't buy into most of the stupidity inherent with Islam

I think India does have Sharia law(s) for Muslims.

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2016, 10:30:00 PM
I thought it was pretty fucking basic knowledge that Indonesia had the world's largest Muslim population (and was the world's 4th most populous nation).  And one of the least likely to commit terrorism, for what it's worth.

Careful, Beeb; facts are strongly correlated with assburgers.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2016, 10:30:43 PM
Ugh, a model UN nerd.  :rolleyes:

Does calling me a nerd really count when I used a :nerd: smiley? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2016, 10:30:43 PM
Ugh, a model UN nerd.  :rolleyes:

Suck it, jock boy.  I banged my first married chick on a model UN trip.  Purple Helmets were: deployed