2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

"Oops. Nothing new here to do anything about."

What a waste of 9 days that undoubtedly impacted polling and millions of early votes.

The FBI Director should resign.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2016, 05:39:10 PM
Well, I don't know the full motivations for Marti's actions, and I know he enjoys trolling, but I'm pretty sure he's given as one reason for his views on Islam/Muslim immigration that he's a gay man who would most suffer at the hands of a large Muslim population.

So wouldn't he better off if there are more Muslims going to US than Europe? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fate

Well, I don't know the full motivations for Marti's actions, and I know he enjoys trolling, but I'm pretty sure he's given as one reason for his views on Islam/Muslim immigration that he's a gay man who would most suffer at the hands of a large Muslim population.

And as for Trump not being right on Muslims, you need to block out your Euroland groupthink, any genuine belief in Islam is incompatible with the 21st century. We shouldn't want these people in our country.

How many Muslims do you know personally and interact with daily? You've said your wife is in medicine so she must know at least a few. I've heard quoted that anywhere between 3-10% of doctors are Muslim. We'd lose a lot of good doctors if you had your way. They're law abiding people and I don't think their silly religious beliefs are any more dangerous than born again Christians.

I'd also like to hear how you're going to get a ban on immigration based on a person's religion through the Supreme Court.

Valmy

You just ban people from certain countries. We have done it before so pretty sure it is Constitutional.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2016, 06:12:27 PM
You just ban people from certain countries. We have done it before so pretty sure it is Constitutional.

Uh huh. So we're going to ban Afghanistanis and Iraqis who helped us in our prior wars? And Israelis, because pretty soon half that country is going to be Muslim. And Indians, since it's the largest muslim country in the world. And so on...

I really doubt it would pass equal protection muster, but maybe ya'll lawyers can teach me something.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Fate on November 06, 2016, 06:07:18 PM

And as for Trump not being right on Muslims, you need to block out your Euroland groupthink, any genuine belief in Islam is incompatible with the 21st century. We shouldn't want these people in our country.

How many Muslims do you know personally and interact with daily? You've said your wife is in medicine so she must know at least a few. I've heard quoted that anywhere between 3-10% of doctors are Muslim. We'd lose a lot of good doctors if you had your way. They're law abiding people and I don't think their silly religious beliefs are any more dangerous than born again Christians.

I'd also like to hear how you're going to get a ban on immigration based on a person's religion through the Supreme Court.

Islam is an evil ideology, simple reality. The only non-evil Muslims are the ones who are secular to the point it's no more than a vague cultural identity (like the large number of American "Christians" who never go to church and know little to nothing about the religion's theology), the sort of Muslims who drink and let their wives outside the house.

Fate

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2016, 06:15:08 PM

Islam is an evil ideology, simple reality. The only non-evil Muslims are the ones who are secular to the point it's no more than a vague cultural identity (like the large number of American "Christians" who never go to church and know little to nothing about the religion's theology),the sort of Muslims who drink and let their wives outside the house.

I.e. most American Muslims....

These people and their children integrate into our society rapidly. If there was a systemic problem with Muslim American men imprisoning their wives at home, I think we'd hear about it from FoxNews at least.

OttoVonBismarck

Everything I've read suggests the Jewish Israeli high birth rate means that country isn't going to become majority Muslim.

If I were to implement a "ban on Muslim immigration" I'd ban outright all the high percentage Muslim countries, all the ones above say 80%. Then for other countries I'd just require them to pass an interview/test with many questions on it that would disqualify any serious Muslims. For example answer in the affirmative to, "Should homosexuality be punished by the death penalty?", which something like 50% of British Muslims believe, would be a disqualifying answer. Obviously many would lie, but these "countries of concern" (ones with say 20-85% Muslim populations) we'd have only very small immigration quotas and the people coming from them would have to pass rigorous multiple year interviews. Facebook accounts would be searched etc, we'd catch the vast majority of the worst people this way and they wouldn't be allowed to come here.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Fate on November 06, 2016, 06:17:03 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2016, 06:15:08 PM

Islam is an evil ideology, simple reality. The only non-evil Muslims are the ones who are secular to the point it's no more than a vague cultural identity (like the large number of American "Christians" who never go to church and know little to nothing about the religion's theology),the sort of Muslims who drink and let their wives outside the house.

I.e. most American Muslims....

These people and their children integrate into our society rapidly. If there was a systemic problem with Muslim American men imprisoning their wives at home, I think we'd hear about it from FoxNews at least.

I agree American Muslims have integrated pretty well, likely because they've often come from more moderate Muslim nations, or were moderate Muslims fleeing from previously moderate Muslim nations that were radicalizing (like the Iranian immigrants we got after the revolution--these were the people who liked being part of a modern society and didn't like the radical Ayatollahs.)

But Europe shows we just need to be hypervigilant. A lot of MENA region Sunnis coming into the country would be terrible, and these are the worst of all Muslims.

Fate

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2016, 06:17:56 PM
Everything I've read suggests the Jewish Israeli high birth rate means that country isn't going to become majority Muslim.

If I were to implement a "ban on Muslim immigration" I'd ban outright all the high percentage Muslim countries, all the ones above say 80%. Then for other countries I'd just require them to pass an interview/test with many questions on it that would disqualify any serious questions. For example answer in the affirmative to, "Should homosexuality be punished by the death penalty?", which something like 50% of British Muslims believe, would be a disqualifying answer. Obviously many would lie, but these "countries of concern" (ones with say 20-85% Muslim populations) we'd have only very small immigration quotas and the people coming from them would have to pass rigorous multiple year interviews. Facebook accounts would be searched etc, we'd catch the vast majority of the worst people this way and they wouldn't be allowed to come here.

Yeah, you're not being realistic at all. If people know they have to answer a certain way to get into the US, they will answer a certain way....

180 million Muslims live in India. Almost equal to the number of Muslims who live in the Middle East. And honestly, these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Indian Muslims are a % huge component of net Muslim immigration. Are we going to ban Indian immigration?

Valmy

Quote from: Fate on November 06, 2016, 06:14:40 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2016, 06:12:27 PM

Uh huh. So we're going to ban Afghanistanis and Iraqis who helped us in our prior wars? And Israelis, because pretty soon half that country is going to be Muslim. And Indians, since it's the largest muslim country in the world. And so on...

I really doubt it would pass equal protection muster, but maybe ya'll lawyers can teach me something.

I am not recommending it. Just saying I think they could manage it constitutionally if they wanted to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Yeah with the sick war of the cradle going on over there they will run out of water and space before the Muslims succeed on breeding them out. But hey not my fight.

Zoupa

If I were to implement a "ban on Muslim immigration" I'd ban outright all the high percentage Muslim countries, all the ones above say 80%. Then for other countries I'd just require them to pass an interview/test with many questions on it that would disqualify any serious Muslims. For example answer in the affirmative to, "Should homosexuality be punished by the death penalty?", which something like 50% of British Muslims believe, would be a disqualifying answer. Obviously many would lie, but these "countries of concern" (ones with say 20-85% Muslim populations) we'd have only very small immigration quotas and the people coming from them would have to pass rigorous multiple year interviews. Facebook accounts would be searched etc, we'd catch the vast majority of the worst people this way and they wouldn't be allowed to come here.

:lol: Alright. Nevermind.

OttoVonBismarck

Anyway, this is the election thread, not the thread about Western liberals embracing the people who want to chop their heads off because they never saw a dude with brown skin they didn't love.