2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Fate on November 06, 2016, 06:14:40 PM
And Indians, since it's the largest muslim country in the world.

You may have (partially) dropped the troll persona, but you're still just as clueless as you've always been.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

:)

https://twitter.com/electionsmith/status/795341713283883008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

QuoteIn Florida, 910.6k Hispanics have voted out of 2.03m active voters. That's 44.9% turnout. And we still have EIP today, VBM to count, & Nov 8 https://twitter.com/LatinoDecisions/status/795339763922309120 ...
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

I thought India had the second largest Muslim population, after Indonesia.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2016, 06:58:31 PM
I thought India had the second largest Muslim population, after Indonesia.
Google says 3rd, behind Pakistan as well.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Any Americans who have not voted yet?  Quick show of hands.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2016, 07:31:47 PM

havent voted.

fwiw, the rcp betting odds that had trump at 30% a couple days ago are down to 16%.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on November 06, 2016, 07:38:28 PM

havent voted.

fwiw, the rcp betting odds that had trump at 30% a couple days ago are down to 16%.

so as long as the shooter doesnt crap out were ok. :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

Yo.  Polls open at 7am on Tuesday, but I'll be there around 6:30ish to get in line.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2016, 07:44:48 PM
so as long as the shooter doesnt crap out were ok. :ph34r:

Are you going to make arrangements to dump all your make-believe money when the God Emperor assumes his Throne of Skulls and crashes the global economy on Wednesday?  Or are you going to see what happens, like with the Brexit crash?

Monoriu

I have to ask what the FBI director think he is doing.  He must be aware that the email case is ultra politically sensitive.  Yet he chooses to release these statements that ultimately amount to nothing just before the election.  It is becoming hard for me to believe that these actions are not politically motivated. 

Eddie Teach

No throne of skulls until January 20th. Plenty of time to panic sell before then.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 06, 2016, 08:09:12 PM
No throne of skulls until January 20th. Plenty of time to panic sell before then.

But assuming that Trump wins the election, everything he says afterwards carry much weight, even before January.  Say he wins the election and announces the next day that he will default on US treasury bonds, the market will react very strongly.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2016, 08:05:21 PM
Are you going to make arrangements to dump all your make-believe money when the God Emperor assumes his Throne of Skulls and crashes the global economy on Wednesday?  Or are you going to see what happens, like with the Brexit crash?

I'm going to proceed on the assumption that the Trump discount is already baked into the current prices.  I.e., do nothing.

Mono: no clue why you're upset by this latest letter.  Would you prefer he not have issued it?

Ed Anger

I've already set my market orders, just in case the market goes wobbly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2016, 08:13:38 PM

Mono: no clue why you're upset by this latest letter.  Would you prefer he not have issued it?

If it decreases the chance of a Trump presidency, I am happy.  Yet I am still upset because these letters seem most inappropriate for a government bureaucrat to issue.  It smells like a blatent attempt to influence the election.