2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 06, 2016, 08:09:12 PM
No throne of skulls until January 20th. Plenty of time to panic sell before then.

True, trade wars take time to ramp up but every day that goes by, it'll only get worse.

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2016, 07:31:47 PM
Any Americans who have not voted yet?  Quick show of hands.

Present.

In NC, the let disabled/elderly people vote from their cars on election day.  My mom doesn't get around all that well anymore, so I'll take her to the polling place on Tuesday.  If I have to go down there then anyway, that leaves me with zero incentive to make an extra trip to vote early.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: dps on November 06, 2016, 08:52:10 PM
Present.

In NC, the let disabled/elderly people vote from their cars on election day.  My mom doesn't get around all that well anymore, so I'll take her to the polling place on Tuesday.  If I have to go down there then anyway, that leaves me with zero incentive to make an extra trip to vote early.

Iowa allows drive-thru voting too, but I've never seen anyone do it.  Also never seen a blind or deaf voter that needs any of that other stuff.

PDH

I'm voting on the 28th like I was told to.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

OttoVonBismarck

India wouldn't be a Muslim nation even if it had a Muslim population larger than Indonesia's--"Muslim nation" implies a majority Muslim country, India could have 300m Muslims and still not be anywhere close to majority Muslim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Fate on November 06, 2016, 06:07:18 PM
I'd also like to hear how you're going to get a ban on immigration based on a person's religion through the Supreme Court.
By blocking any Democratic appointment to it.  :secret:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2016, 09:12:31 PM
Grumbler voted to ostracize Themistocles.

He actually delivered the cock to Asclepius.  And boy, was Asclepius surprised.

DGuller

Haven't finished voting yet.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2016, 09:27:48 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2016, 09:12:31 PM
Grumbler voted to ostracize Themistocles.

He actually delivered the cock to Asclepius.  And boy, was Asclepius surprised.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Fate

Quote from: Habbaku on November 06, 2016, 06:55:48 PM
Quote from: Fate on November 06, 2016, 06:14:40 PM
And Indians, since it's the largest muslim country in the world.

You may have (partially) dropped the troll persona, but you're still just as clueless as you've always been.

Meh, I was wrong on the ranking but it's still a fuck ton of muslims. Looks like it's now the third largest population muslim country in the world today and until fairly recently, second... pakistan must have surpassed it in muslim pop only in the past decade.  It's still more people than the boogeymen of Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. combined. Anyway the top three are pretty close... Indonesia is 200 mil muslim, pakistan ~178 mil, india ~172 mil.

And by 2050 India will indeed have the #1 muslim population in the world per these guys.  :lol:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/21/by-2050-india-to-have-worlds-largest-populations-of-hindus-and-muslims/

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Quote from: katmai on November 06, 2016, 09:48:51 PM
Fate pulled out the Dorsey classic.

And you guys pulled out the languish assberger's classic.

Fate makes a point that stopping muslim immigration through countrywide bans will be problematic because India has a large muslim population, and erroneously states that they have teh largest muslim population. Per the last post on the topic, Indonesia is 200 mil muslim, pakistan ~178 mil, india ~172 mil. While Fate was wrong on the ranking of India, the numbers validate the point he was making.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

Indeed. His point hardly rested on the rankings of Muslims, but on the total numbers in a place where a lot of people immigrate to the US who we by and large *want* to immigrate to the US.

Christ, now I've found myself defending Fate. And Clinton. In the same day.

I am going to go have another drink.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned