2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

I don't know based on the provenance of that image, but I've read different articles that have estimated ethnic turnout in different ways. One way is assumptions are made that in a district that is 95% black, most of the votes cast there are black votes, so if more or less votes are being cast in early voting from that precinct versus others, that would be one indicator.

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2016, 11:14:41 PM
Why would you want 4 wives?

To bring glory to Allah. One blonde glory, one brunette glory, one Indian glory, one Asian glory.

Phillip V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 06, 2016, 10:57:24 PM
I wonder what happened in North Carolina? It is a mystery.  :hmm:

New stricter voting laws and Hurricane Matthew?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2016, 11:15:54 PM
I don't know based on the provenance of that image, but I've read different articles that have estimated ethnic turnout in different ways. One way is assumptions are made that in a district that is 95% black, most of the votes cast there are black votes, so if more or less votes are being cast in early voting from that precinct versus others, that would be one indicator.

I suspect states covered by the Voting Rights Act have had to keep race data to demonstrate compliance.

Zoupa

Guys I'm pretty sure Timmay was being sarcastic.

The GOP's effort on Black voting suppression in NC is well known.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zoupa on November 07, 2016, 12:06:49 AM

Yes, yes I was.

Thankfully, turn out has been 55% female, so Dems still have chance, especially if African Americans turn out big on Tuesday.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

No clue whom you're addressing.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on November 06, 2016, 10:05:44 PM
Indeed. His point hardly rested on the rankings of Muslims, but on the total numbers in a place where a lot of people immigrate to the US who we by and large *want* to immigrate to the US.

Christ, now I've found myself defending Fate. And Clinton. In the same day.

I am going to go have another drink.

You'll defend me before the cock crows.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2016, 01:02:33 AM
Quote from: Berkut on November 06, 2016, 10:05:44 PM
Indeed. His point hardly rested on the rankings of Muslims, but on the total numbers in a place where a lot of people immigrate to the US who we by and large *want* to immigrate to the US.

Christ, now I've found myself defending Fate. And Clinton. In the same day.

I am going to go have another drink.

You'll defend me before the cock crows.

Who are the cock crows?

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2016, 12:12:05 AM

No clue whom you're addressing.

Philip and Otto

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on November 07, 2016, 01:38:29 AM
Philip and Otto

Yeah.  Biscuit was discussing the source of racial voting data and Phillip agreed it was caused by voter suppression.  You were targeting an empty trench.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2016, 02:07:55 AM
www.mediaite.com/online/trump-reponds-to-comeys-new-letter-you-cant-review-650000-new-emails-in-eight-days/

Trump responds to Comey's 2nd letter pretty much as expected.

Admittedly, has Trump ever responded to anything not as expected?

Syt

:lol:

QuoteReport: Donald Trump aides took away candidate's Twitter access

With just days to go until Election Day, @realDonaldTrump has gotten a little bit quieter.

Republican nominee Donald Trump's aides have finally taken control of his Twitter account away from the candidate, according to a report in the New York Times.

Twitter is where Trump has often gone to vent his frustrations throughout the 2016 campaign -- at other candidates, at the media, or at whatever situation is on his mind. Most candidates' social media accounts are controlled by aides, but Trump has been known to tweet himself -- and has occasionally driven the news cycle with even a single post on the social media site.

One of the most infamous of those tweet-storms came shortly after 3 a.m. on Sept. 30, when former Miss Universe Alicia Machado was speaking out about the way he treated her after she won the pageant in 1996. "Wow, Crooked Hillary was duped and used by my worst Miss U.," he tweeted. "Hillary floated her as an 'angel' without checking her past, which is terrible!"

In the last 24 hours, most of Trump's tweets have been thanking the people of various battleground states he has visited for campaign rallies ("Thank you Iowa - Get out & #VoteTrumpPence16!" read one tweet from Sunday afternoon).

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.