And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 16, 2013, 07:34:36 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on April 16, 2013, 07:32:11 PM
That's insane. How else will you get wonderful stew?
A pan, some baking paper and an oven :)

Throw in a good book and some music and it's heaven.

I suppose with your 18 hour work weeks and 32 weeks' of mandatory vacation holiday a year over there, you people have the time to do that sort of thing.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I like those Campbell's Chunky Soups, sodium and all.  And not because NFL players' moms want me to.

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2013, 07:37:04 PM
I suppose with your 18 hour work weeks and 32 weeks' of mandatory vacation holiday a year over there, you people have the time to do that sort of thing.
I once made an impulse stew after work and realised why there's no such phrase as 'impulse stew'. Got home around 7-ish and didn't eat till after midnight :lol:

Though it was the best stew I've ever made.

Obviously it's different for me being a single male. I make a stew to feed me for a week.

QuoteYUO PEOPLE = cowards.
My flatmates have a slow cooker. I'm suspicious of it <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2013, 07:40:20 PM
I like those Campbell's Chunky Soups, sodium and all.  And not because NFL players' moms want me to.

I like Victor Cruz's mom. She seems nice.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 16, 2013, 07:40:58 PM
Obviously it's different for me being a single male. I make a stew to feed me for a week.

Nothing wrong with that, but we Americans can't tolerate eating the same thing more than twice a week, unless it's a pizza.  Benefits of living in the cornucopia that is American waste.

fhdz

I once made an impulse stew after work and realised why there's no such phrase as 'impulse stew'. Got home around 7-ish and didn't eat till after midnight :lol:

:D That reminds me of the time (for I am prone at the moment to thinking of such things) of a few days after I met SFG - I was over at her house and her dad brought over some apples. "Let's make applesauce," says she. "Sounds good," says I. At 2:00 AM, when we finally had finished peeling everything, it no longer sounded good. :D
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2013, 07:40:20 PM
:lol:

I remember the commercial where the Fridge's mom told me to eat Campbell's.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2013, 07:43:31 PM

Nothing wrong with that, but we Americans can't tolerate eating the same thing more than twice a week, unless it's a pizza.

Unless you're David Lynch.
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

Nothing wrong with that, but we Americans can't tolerate eating the same thing more than twice a week, unless it's a pizza.  Benefits of living in the cornucopia that is American waste.

Me getting sick of foods drives my wife insane.

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WAS TIRED OF CHICKEN PARMESAN?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2013, 07:42:47 PM
I like Victor Cruz's mom. She seems nice.

One of the guys that used to work for me was his roomie when they played at UMass.  Said she's the real deal.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2013, 07:45:28 PM
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WAS TIRED OF CHICKEN PARMESAN?
Your wife talks like Shirley from What's Happening? :(

Sheilbh

I like to cook my own food. So I either do stews or curries once a week. Or I make a quick pasta sauce on the night.

The exception, as you say, is of course pizza.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Being afraid of a crock pot is like being afraid of an electric blanket. :huh: