News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 09:57:45 AM
Nothing wrong with crock pots. Now, toaster ovens, those fucking things are dangerous.

Hey!  I gotta solder my circuit boards somehow! :angry:

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 09:51:08 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 17, 2013, 09:50:15 AM
I kinda wonder if that Saudi guy who was tackled by Mart right after the blast is a genuine suspect, and they emphatic announcements that he's not are a ruse to trick him into communicating with someone in the hopes that he thinks he's not under surveillance. :hmm:

You sound like FBI material, son.  Apply today!

He sounds more like Larry Bond or Tom Clancy. The F(amous)B(ut)I(ncompetent) just aren't that smart.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on April 17, 2013, 09:31:28 AM

You think Raz or AR are grieving?

I am. Not like for a loved one of course, but apart from general concern for people, I am a runner and this is something I definitely relate to.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 09:57:29 AM
Jay Mohr blamed the bombing on gun culture & called for a repeal of the 2nd Amendment :huh:

I heard it was caused by illegal immigration. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

Quote from: Valmy on April 17, 2013, 10:41:57 AM
Jay Mohr blamed the bombing on gun culture & called for a repeal of the 2nd Amendment :huh:

I heard it was caused by illegal immigration.

I read a comment on Facebook yesterday where someone was blaming it on legal immigration - "we gotta stop letting America-hating people in here".

For every argument you make in jest, there's a complete idiot who makes the same argument with sincerity.
and the horse you rode in on

Kleves

Quote from: Syt on April 17, 2013, 09:44:43 AM
So, have no groups claimed responsibility so far? Normally, someone would try to coat tail on these things.
"Are you tired of being able to go outside without fear of being hit with a Hellfire(tm) missile? Are you worried that your friends, family, and neighbors might survive your death? The US Government has the solution to your problem! Apply for your spot on the President's Official Drone Kill-List(tm) TODAY! Just send a video tape containing your claim of responsibility for the bombing in Boston to any media outlet, and the US Government will review your claim and get back to you in 6-8 weeks. YOU may even be selected for the coveted NUMBER ONE spot! Shipping and handling are FREE! Act today and the US will include a second Hellfire(tm) missile for your known associates AT NO EXTRA COST! Act NOW, before someone else takes responsbility for YOUR act! Repeat customers will be served first!
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Conservative columnist Eric Rush tweeted "Everybody do the National Security Ankle Grab! Let's bring more Saudis in without screening them! C'mon!" minutes after the explosions.
So there.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 10:49:00 AM

Conservative columnist Eric Rush tweeted "Everybody do the National Security Ankle Grab! Let's bring more Saudis in without screening them! C'mon!" minutes after the explosions.
So there.

Glad the left is as batshit crazy as the right.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

So there.

Not familiar with him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 10:58:25 AM
Why are you glad of that?

I mean, it is to be expected just from a statistical point of view, but I wouldn't say I'm glad.

Berkut

So there.

Not convinced this is true.

The left seems quite a bit less outright crazy.

Possibly more dangerous though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2013, 11:04:54 AM

So there.

Not convinced this is true.

Interesting
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Maximus on April 17, 2013, 11:01:46 AM
Why are you glad of that?

I mean, it is to be expected just from a statistical point of view, but I wouldn't say I'm glad.

Because it validates his centrism.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 09:25:15 AM
Quote from: PDH on April 17, 2013, 09:19:54 AM
Crock pot fires are dangerous though.

Goddamned right.  Pressure cookers are exploding all over the world, you can only imagine the threat crock pots pose.

Hey now, leave crock pots alone.

Crockpot pizza...:mmm:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 11:05:57 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2013, 11:04:54 AM

Interesting

For some reason, Berkut thinks it's still 1972.