Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I cook with a pressure cooker.  :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

You also eat hot dogs at gas stations that have been on the hot rollers for 18 hours.

Caliga

I've never eaten a hot dog at a gas station. :)

CountDeMoney

dps

Caliga

The last time I ate at a gas station I had beef-a-roni, green beans, mashed taters with gravy, and a biscuit.

merithyn

The guy in the cowboy hat helping the guy who lost his legs in the blast (the photo was probably the most graphic of those I've seen regarding the bombing) already had a Wiki page.

He lost his son in Iraq in 2004, and then his second son committed suicide in 2011. He's now a peace activist.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on April 16, 2013, 01:58:56 PM
The guy in the cowboy hat helping the guy who lost his legs in the blast (the photo was probably the most graphic of those I've seen regarding the bombing) already had a Wiki page.

He lost his son in Iraq in 2004, and then his second son committed suicide in 2011. He's now a peace activist.

If one believes in luck, he's clearly someone to avoid knowing - or even standing near.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

[CSI]LOL HES THE BOMBER LOL!!!!!!![/CSI]

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2013, 01:30:52 PM
The last time I ate at a gas station I had beef-a-roni, green beans, mashed taters with gravy, and a biscuit.

It's impressive that you can remember what you had for lunch.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2013, 01:08:59 PM
I've never eaten a hot dog at a gas station. :)
At least not before it was thrown out, right?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2013, 01:00:39 PM
I cook with a pressure cooker.  :ph34r:

When we were kids, my brothers and I were treated to the joys of cooking using a pressure - cooker.

My mother, who did the cooking, discovered that you could make chicken stew by throwing chicken bits (bones and all) and various vegitables into a pressure-cooker, and cooking the hell out of it.

Then, the left-overs could be stored in the fridge, in the pressure pot. The next day, you could throw *more* chicken bits and vegitables into the same pot, and pressure-cook the hell out of it *again*.

Each person would fish out of the pot the tasty bits of chicken and vegitables, cut off the chicken meat, and throw back in the bones "for flavour". We were not allowed to throw the bones out.

We used to call this the "endless stew" - the pot was never fully emptied until it was as full of bone and gristle as a chicken graveyard, and just as appetizing.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

derspiess

About the only time mom used a pressure cooker was when she was canning green beans.  It was a phase she went through for 2 or 3 years.  She used to force us to string the beans for her beforehand, promising us that it would be fun because she enjoyed it when she was young :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on April 16, 2013, 03:33:41 PM
About the only time mom used a pressure cooker was when she was canning green beans.  It was a phase she went through for 2 or 3 years.  She used to force us to string the beans for her beforehand, promising us that it would be fun because she enjoyed it when she was young :mellow:

That's what they always say.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".