And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 10:09:58 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 15, 2013, 10:06:54 PM
I think he's describing it the other way around, the shop owners are worried about a possible atmosphere/fear, that they may see some inappropriate backlash against them ?

I shan't worry about blacklash.  Bostonians only freak out when black children are bussed into white school districts.]

Sez Mr. Eastern Shore.  :P 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on April 15, 2013, 11:09:14 PM
Other side of street Meri ;)

Ah. Those weren't really shown in the footage that I saw.

Multiple sources saying the 8 year old was a boy and a spectator.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

fhdz

Hey, Mihali.

I am glad you're okay. :hug:
and the horse you rode in on

Josquius

Well this sucks, you just know its going to make travel awkward
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 15, 2013, 11:16:17 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 10:09:58 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 15, 2013, 10:06:54 PM
I think he's describing it the other way around, the shop owners are worried about a possible atmosphere/fear, that they may see some inappropriate backlash against them ?

I shan't worry about blacklash.  Bostonians only freak out when black children are bussed into white school districts.]

Sez Mr. Eastern Shore.  :P

Don't you have somebody to hit with a flagpole in the chest or something?
And to think we were worried about you.  :mad:

Darth Wagtaros

http://www.examiner.com/article/westboro-baptist-church-to-picket-explosion-victims-funerals-petition-started?fb_action_ids=10151854274343356&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Westboro Baptist Church is striking out again claiming that Americans are to blame for the fate of the Boston Marathon explosions. According to rants on Twitter Monday, April 15 the Westboro Baptist Church claims the bombings are in reaction to the gay community and abortion rights that happen in the United States.
Rage has ensued on Twitter as fellow Westboro member Margie Phelps launches a heavily targeted Twitter campaign with plans to picket the funerals of those killed during the Boston Marathon explosion. The explosion which left two dead and several dozen injured has caused Margie Phelps and the WBC to claim that President Obama has once again enraged God.
@MargieJPhelps: Too late! You've enraged God w #SSM Mr. President. #stopit
MT @CapehartJ: POTUS:American people will say prayer for people of Boston tonight
Unfortunately, it will not end with Tweets on Twitter. Using Twitter to further get their message out, the WBC once again claims they will stand with signs and picket any funeral held for those killed in the explosion.
@WBCFliers: BREAKING: Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those dead by Boston Bombs! GOD SENT THE BOMBS IN FURY OVER FAG MARRIAGE! #PraiseGod
People are firing back against WBC and their claims to picket. It is evident that they are tired of the group claiming to be a religious group when in reality they promote hate. A petition has been launched to prevent them from picketing at any funerals held in Boston.
@GouldReys: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ban-westboro-baptist-church-en... ... Please retweet my petition to stop the WBC from picketing funerals in Boston please

Some things don't change.
PDH!

Berkut

I cannot even summon up an ounce of rage at WBC anymore. They want me to be enraged. Fuck 'em, they should just be ignored.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

I can't recall if I've mentioned this on Languish before but at this point I'm starting to doubt WBC is 'real' and wonder if they're not deep-cover liberals trying to make foes of gay marriage look even more ridiculous than they make themselves look already. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

QuotePresident Obama has once again enraged God.

Shit, we don't need that from Westboro;  that was already covered at CPAC.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2013, 07:00:49 AM
I can't recall if I've mentioned this on Languish before but at this point I'm starting to doubt WBC is 'real' and wonder if they're not deep-cover liberals trying to make foes of gay marriage look even more ridiculous than they make themselves look already. :)

That's entirely off the chart.  The patriarch was a Democrat, and a Gore supporter.  But it would appear they are simply a clan of inbred lunatics.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2013, 07:00:49 AM

After twenty or so years?  They were doing this long before gay marriage was even a thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 16, 2013, 05:52:31 AM
Holy Shit! :o

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-news-blog/2013/apr/16/boston-marathon-explosions-hunt-begins-for-perperators-live-updates
QuoteAt least 25 to 30 people have at least one leg missing, or an ankle missing, or two legs missing.

Look on the bright side: now they'll be able to score all the best parking spots.
Gotta see the silver linings, man.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2013, 07:25:19 AM
Look on the bright side: now they'll be able to score all the best parking spots.
Gotta see the silver linings, man.

But Boston's gonna have to spend money on more blue paint.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

More blue paint in front of stores is THE PRICE OF FREEDOM.  AND SAVINGS.