News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 15, 2013, 10:00:38 PM
Earlier this evening there were reports of something going on in the Harvard Square T station...dunno know if it was just an abandoned Market Basket bag or something more serious. 

That's going to happen for a few days;  every fast food bag and homeless dude's grocery cart is going to be a suspicious package.

QuoteSpeaking of which, I get a feel of palpable tension (beyond the general gloominess) from all the South Asian and Middle Eastern small store owners I run into on my daily route for coffee, cigarettes, seltzer, gum, beer, etc.

Now you're just being paranoid.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 10:02:36 PM
QuoteSpeaking of which, I get a feel of palpable tension (beyond the general gloominess) from all the South Asian and Middle Eastern small store owners I run into on my daily route for coffee, cigarettes, seltzer, gum, beer, etc.

Nah.  I'm a regular at these places and we chat.  Just talking with them, I get the feeling no one is hoping that this was a McVeigh-enthusiast more than they are.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 10:02:36 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 15, 2013, 10:00:38 PM
Earlier this evening there were reports of something going on in the Harvard Square T station...dunno know if it was just an abandoned Market Basket bag or something more serious. 

That's going to happen for a few days;  every fast food bag and homeless dude's grocery cart is going to be a suspicious package.

I think he's describing it the other way around, the shop owners are worried about a possible atmosphere/fear, that they may see some inappropriate backlash against them ? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

I'm sure the kids at EU-OT are convinced that a "USA patriot group" did this, like they were on 9/11.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on April 15, 2013, 10:06:54 PM
I think he's describing it the other way around, the shop owners are worried about a possible atmosphere/fear, that they may see some inappropriate backlash against them ?

I shan't worry about blacklash.  Bostonians only freak out when black children are bussed into white school districts.

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 10:07:37 PM
I'm sure the kids at EU-OT are convinced that a "USA patriot group" did this, like they were on 9/11.
lots of people from the media have speculated on this already.

I'm surprised no one claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Seems your breitbart boys are upset that Obama hasn't blamed Islamic terrorism.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/15/Obama-speech-Boston-attack
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Showdown happening in Reeve, Mass. right now.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

mongers

Any news of the type of bomb used ?

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2013, 10:24:52 PM

Seems your breitbart boys are upset that Obama hasn't blamed Islamic terrorism.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/15/Obama-speech-Boston-attack

:yawn:

Okay, Stalkie.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

merithyn

Some people are saying the 8-year-old girl who died was running for the Sandy Hook kids. Fuck. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

I wonder if the guy who may have faked all of those marathon wins is a suspect ?