Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 10:35:56 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2013, 10:24:52 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 10:07:37 PM
I'm sure the kids at EU-OT are convinced that a "USA patriot group" did this, like they were on 9/11.

Seems your breitbart boys are upset that Obama hasn't blamed Islamic terrorism.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/15/Obama-speech-Boston-attack

:yawn:

Okay, Stalkie.

I just wanna know how conservatives think.  Perhaps I'll even become one, and how else would I become a conservative if sample the bullshit you guys swallow whole?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on April 15, 2013, 10:41:29 PM
Some people are saying the 8-year-old girl who died was running for the Sandy Hook kids. Fuck. :(

There were a lot of people there to support Sandy Hook.  Apparently one of the survivor children from Sandy Hook was near the blast area.
That kid's never going to win the PowerBall, I'll tell you that.

mongers

Why did one of the hospitals, send out one of the trauma surgeon to try to answer a feeding frenzy of journalists ? 

Seems an odd priority and a bit cruel/unkind for the doctor involved.   
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 15, 2013, 09:43:54 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 02:33:44 PM
Can't tell if the bombs were in a building, or behind or under the main grandstand;  the first one looks like it was actually in a building.  They were definitely on Boylston Street though, between Dartmouth and Exeter.

Casualties talk is bad.  Limbs are missing.  The first video, there were definitely people within the blast area.

We need Count and Captain Mihali to check in.

Thanks Seedy, I'm fine, as is everyone I know.  Only thing I was directly worried about was a doc of mine's office is in the Copley area, and I was worried him or his staff might have been out on lunch checking out the Marathon (esp. since it's Patriot's Day here in Mass.), but they were fine.

Glad to here that's you're OK. 

jimmy olsen

Some people are saying the 8-year-old girl who died was running for the Sandy Hook kids. Fuck. :(
Any 8 year old running a marathon? :huh:

That sounds dangerous in and of itself.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 15, 2013, 10:55:49 PM

Probably not running the whole thing, Tim.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Stuff I'm seeing says that the dead 8 year old is a boy, not a girl.  Sucks either way.  And apparantly a lot of the injured are kids.

merithyn

I think you'd be surprised, but that's a topic for another thread.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

I saw the first blast and there weren't any kids in the area. They had to be at the second blast site.

sbr

The last mile of the race was dedicated to the Sandy Hook victims.  There were grandstands near the first blast that were filled with the families of victims of the school shooting.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on April 15, 2013, 11:04:21 PM
The last mile of the race was dedicated to the Sandy Hook victims.  There were grandstands near the first blast that were filled with the families of victims of the school shooting.

Timmay wouldn't know that.  He only posts the news, he doesn't read it.

merithyn

I never saw any grandstands near the first blast site. Just the blocks to keep people from going into the street. Unless the grandstands were demolished completely in the blast? :unsure:

sbr

Quote from: merithyn on April 15, 2013, 11:07:39 PM

I never saw any grandstands near the first blast site. Just the blocks to keep people from going into the street. Unless the grandstands were demolished completely in the blast? :unsure:

I heard it on the radio from a couple different sources so no link.  I have no idea how near "near" really is.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son