Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Bloomberg News rocks.

Trish Regan is the Irish in my coffee. :wub:

Queequeg

Anyone else massively impressed with response? 2 dead? Out of 100 injured?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on April 15, 2013, 05:28:05 PM
Anyone else massively impressed with response? 2 dead? Out of 100 injured?

It was fortunate that the explosions were near the finish line where the massive paramedic tent is, and Mass Gen isn't that far away at all.

OttoVonBismarck

Boston Globe is saying a BPD official has informed them one of the deceased is an 8 year old.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

11B4V

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2013, 03:48:42 PM
QuoteLots of unconfirmed statements in this NYPost article from unnamed sources, like: 1) first explosion occured in the lobby of the Fairmont Hotel 2) Authorities ID a suspect in marathon bombings - he is being guarded in Boston hospital. Note: This is all unconfirmed.

I've stayed at Fairmont Copley a bunch.  It is a block south from the blast site as shown in the picture.  So that doesn't say much for the likely accuracy of this source.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

So my mother just further debriefed me - lucky that she wasn't there but a little freaked out as she'd been right around there on Boylston just about an hour earlier. She then told me she was getting off the phone to have a stiff drink. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 15, 2013, 05:49:31 PM
So my mother just further debriefed me - lucky that she wasn't there but a little freaked out as she'd been right around there on Boylston just about an hour earlier. She then told me she was getting off the phone to have a stiff drink. :D

Hell, I suppose so.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."