News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Just heard from friend, his wife finished 20 mins before explosions and they were three blocks away when happened.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Wouldnt have had to worry about me; I'd be walking the last 26.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Queequeg

Today is Patriot's Day, same holiday that marked 1995 McVeigh bombing. Domestic?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

KRonn

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 15, 2013, 02:36:03 PM
KRonn too.

More possible bombs scattered around.  They are clearing the area out a bit to allow the bomb squads to move around.
I'm here and ok, wasn't in the city today. I'm worrying about my neighbors though, husband, wife and two young kids. They might have gone to watch, as the wife is a runner. She's pregnant so wouldn't be running and hasn't run the long races, just the shorter ones. They could have gone to watch, but I'm speculating as no one has been home there since early this morning.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

A couple of explosions, plus the police may have found more bombs, or have suspicions of it, at a couple of other locations.

11B4V

Quote from: Queequeg on April 15, 2013, 03:09:48 PM
Today is Patriot's Day, same holiday that marked 1995 McVeigh bombing. Domestic?
If their finding other devices,  good bet it's domestic.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

I've never heard of that one. Presumably something to do with taxes?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Very sad/bizarre this picture:

blood, American flag bag on the ground, and M&M candy giving the thumbs up.

MadImmortalMan

It occurs to me that this was done at a place where the explosions would be highly likely to be caught on video.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DontSayBanana

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 15, 2013, 03:18:02 PM
It occurs to me that this was done at a place where the explosions would be highly likely to be caught on video.

It was.  Seedy's right that the PD are going to be in deep shit for this one- the bombs slipped through in places tailor-made for a terror attack.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on April 15, 2013, 03:14:23 PM
If their finding other devices,  good bet it's domestic.

Could be a distinct possibility, but it could also be homegrown Al Qaeda types that want to hit a significant event.  There's been arrests of hardhead plotters in Massachusetts before.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall